Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just told Rhys he is going to the pound, to see how the other half lives.

I am so fed up with his Rhysness. He is 6 years old, still stealing stuff, counter surfing, barking his head off this week...I don't know what has gotten in to him. He is usually a bad boy, but I can't stand him anymore.

I locked him outside (I have to lock the door or he just lets himself in...) and now his pathetic face is in the window saying 'Come on Ma, let me in!' But I know as soon as the door opens he'll run into the kitchen and steal a spatula or something evil.

I was cleaning out the fridge and had a glass jar of tomato juice on the counter and while I was RIGHT THERE he grabbed it and dropped it on the floor...SMASH and tomato juice EVERYWHERE. I cleaned it up and he came inside, and grabbed a couch cushion...thats right, and brought it to me.

This dog is going to be the death of me. I am at my wit's end. I am now understanding how some people can dump their dogs. (I wouldn't, but still.) None of my other dogs have ever been so bad. Into the crate he goes again now...

Hmph.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
8 year old Tristan is a world class counter surfer/fridge raider too. I took the path of least resistance and simply don't allow him in the kitchen anymore.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Uh oh Rhys! You'd better straighten up! :D

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mischasmom said:
You jinxed yourself and put "Trouble" in his registered name. He is just living up to it. LOL
I do feel your pain!!!!
"Trouble" is an ANGEL! That's my Ruby.

We put up an ex pen so he couldn't get in the kitchen and he just moves it, so short of building a wall with a door on it, there is nothing I can do to keep him out...Except beat him, like I did with the loaf of bread he stole last night. He thought I was trying to give it to him, so he took it and ran...:)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I took away Shanny's cell phone so she's not calling him. ;) Maybe she's still emailing him?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
luvmydogz2much said:
Mischasmom said:
You jinxed yourself and put "Trouble" in his registered name. He is just living up to it. LOL
I do feel your pain!!!!
"Trouble" is an ANGEL! That's my Ruby.

We put up an ex pen so he couldn't get in the kitchen and he just moves it, so short of building a wall with a door on it, there is nothing I can do to keep him out...Except beat him, like I did with the loaf of bread he stole last night. He thought I was trying to give it to him, so he took it and ran...:)
I can imagine how frustrated and angry you must be :mad: I would be too......and I'm so sorry, but......

I just can't stop laughin'! (shoot, I really am sorry). He stole a loaf of bread, you beat him with it (and he certainly deserved it), he thought you were giving it to him, so he took off and ran. ;D

I'm still laughin'! ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Djc1249 said:
I can imagine how frustrated and angry you must be :mad: I would be too......and I'm so sorry, but......

I just can't stop laughin'! (shoot, I really am sorry). He stole a loaf of bread, you beat him with him (and he certainly deserved it), he thought you were giving it to him, so he took off and ran. ;D

I'm still laughin'! ;D ;D
Yeah that's ok, some days he is comic relief, heck, most of the time I encourage his badness for a giggle...but crikey!

We just had Ruby's breeder over and he was acting like an angel, playing nice nice with her puppy etc. When all of a sudden "WHERE'S RHYS?"

In the house stealing the same loaf of bread I beat him with last night, from the bread box!

He's cute when he's good though, after a good pool romp and play with a six month old!

And Laura, I bet Shanny wouldn't hold a candle to Rhys. Even Denise said "Do something about it!" UH like something I haven't tried for 6 years? You have to believe that there is just no GOOD in some of them right? Right?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Two hours of frisbee before 7am every day and an hour walk on the water at about 9pm. He does not lack exercise...but he is field breeding and could GO all day ;)

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
oh man! and here I thought Rhys was an angel :angel:
Guess some of them have to remind us of how good the OTHERS are right?

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Ruh roh, Rhys!! What a naughty monkey you are!!

Okay, I tried to sound stern, but it's hard when I'm giggling. I feel your pain, Melissa, honestly sometimes I think Henery has reverted back to Wild Dog. It's a good thing they're so [email protected] cute, I know it's Henery's saving grace. ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Maybe 6 is the new terrible twos... ;) Neiko has been counter surfing more and more these days. The other night we grilled burgers and my poor husband made himself an extra one for lunch (which he naively thought would be safe on the counter). After dinner I went to wrap up the extra burger for Mike and he walked in and said 'what happened to the cheese?' Apparently, it had been a cheeseburger until Neiko jumped up and licked it all off :p I think he thought if he left the burger we'd never know...

Sounds like Rhys will keep you on your toes. Maybe you could write the sequel to Marley and Me!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
It does sound funny but I know how frustrating this can be. Can a suggest a short period of some leash restriction? Have a leash on Rhys in the house and he has to follow you around -- no free reign. When you sit down, he has to go in a down-stay. When you go into the kitchen, down-stay by your side. If he keeps trying to get up, put your foot on the leash. Basically, reinforcing that he has to listen to you. It should also cut down on some of the frustration, because he can't get into things. Anyway, good luck.

W

·
0 Posts
Yeah I caught Cuffy texting Shanny and Rhys last night. ;D

Let's see just this week............. Cuffy dug a hole in fresh sod, ate a sneaker that was left on the deck, got into the baby backpack and ate all the snacks ziploc bags and all, and knocked me down while I was brushing everyone. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts