Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't put into words how fortunate I feel to have come across this forum.  I found it just over a year ago after searching the internet for information about tear duct tumors in labradors.  My finding this place, well, it was nothing short of heaven sent.  The compassion and kindness I feel here is tremendous and I have to say that the day is not complete without a visit here to check in on everyone, even if I don't get time to  post.  Last week after to storms knocked our electricity out for 3 days, it wasn't so much the running water that I missed...it was the forum family. 

The last couple weeks I have been particularly weepy and missing my dear sweet Huckle.   I have to give a special thanks to Molly for bringing a huge smile to my face last Friday.  Let me first begin by telling you to check out the amazing watercolors that she did for me of my best friend's puppers, Maggie(it is Molly's current siggy pic) and Bogie.  They might look beautiful in the gallery( www.granitedog.com ), but let me tell you, when they arrived 2 weeks ago, they took my breath away.  She somehow was able to catch the essense of both dogs without ever meeting them.  I had the pictures done as a way to thank my friends for all they did for me after Huckle passed away. 

As I thought more about the watercolors  I decided that it would also be a perfect way to thank my vet for being there for Huckle( and for me) during his accident/emergency-visit prone lifetime. But I didn't have a picture of her dogs  to send her.   I asked Molly if she would do a gift certificate for me to give to her.  Well, I recieved the package on Friday and I was so surprised.  Not only did I find the most beautifully crafted gift certificate, but also a note hoping I was feeling better along with two wrapped cards.   A couple weeks earlier I had mentioned  how much I adored the paintings that she did of Lucy.   Particularly 'On Vacation" and  "Be Mine".  I said I would love it if she would concider making cards of her paintings....well....can I just tell you, that is exactly what I got in the package..a card of Lucy lounging in her chair and one of her holding the heart. When they dropped out onto the counter I just smiled from ear to ear.  They are absolutely beautiful! 

I am looking forward to ordering some more cards in the future ( I am a card-a-holic) and am anxiously awaiting my very own original watercolor of my beautiful boy Huckle. 

Molly, thanks again.  And thanks to all of the members on this forum that make this such a beautiful labby family.

Missing you, my friend.
Huckle  1-9-1992 - 4-25-2006

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I just woke up and read this :)...you are most certainly welcome, Megan. I feel as fortunate as you to be part of such a supportive group too. I wouldn't be furiously painting away these past few months had it not been for many members liking my work and wanting a portrait...it has been so much fun and very meaningful.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Awwwwwwwww.... that story made ME smile ear to ear ;)

Mollyrock... your paintings are absolutely beautiful... I've been admiring them for months :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I think we all feel the same about this place :)
(I love the foot picture, by the way!!!!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts