Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I got a response after I asked her if she even got my emails. I understand this but it still ticked me off only because I really wanted her. :(

You and 41 others e-mailed me several times about Lulu. I have to decide on the best home for each dog I have in rescue and I determined that another home was better for Lulu. I do not have the time to e-mail everyone who e-mails me about a dog. If you have been selected, I will notify you. Otherwise, it takes too much time to look up everyone who has expressed an interest in her and explain my decision.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
How can they decide on the best home from just one email per family? I understand if they're placing her from applications they already have on file, but if they're just picking one out of 41 emails that say "I'm interested" how can they tell?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That was harsh, especially from a small rescue. Sounds fishy to me. The small rescue that my girlfriend is involved in gets tons of emails for each new pup or dog they get in. They screen each one carefully, via phone calls and meetings. Not just based on 1 email.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
The same thing happened to me with Cincinnati Lab Rescue. In order to even inquire about a specific dog, you have to fill out an application and pay a non refundable fee. So after I did that and faxed in my vet records, nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zip. No answer after repeated emails. WTF?
I was really bummed and will never, ever try to adopt or even donate to them again.
I mean, I have two dogs I adopted from rescues, I volunteer for the local Humane Society, and have my dogs written into my will. My boys have regular vet visits, I have a fenced yard, a doggy door for access when I am home, I take my boys to obedience and agility classes, I try to do everything that a responsible owner can do. But obviously not good enough for Cincinnati Lab Rescue.

So I feel your pain. I still hold a grudge after a year. (if you couldn't tell!)

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
it's not hard or time consuming to send out one email to all 40 people advising that a family had been chosen to adopt her, common courtesy goes along way!! Geez, she could have contacted some of those people enquiring and found a better suit for them with other dogs they may have had waiting for their forever home and placed more than just one dog from the shelter with a family.

I don't understand people like that. *shakes head*

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.