Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand the scoring, it isn't a contact sport, Team USA sucks, but for some reason I LOVE to watch it. Does anyone understand the scoring?

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love curling! I keep telling dh I want to join our local curling club.
Here's a good explanation.
Thanks, that is a good explanation. It seems very simple, but it is very complicated. There is so much strategy involved.

The people yelling cracks me up. It doesn't matter what language they speak, I can't understand any of them. It is as if they speak some special curling language.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
We are always yelling- HURRY! HURRY HARD! around our house. We're just dorks, but it cracks the kids up.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Curling is a wonderful, extremely strategic game. And while it looks easy, try being a sweeper - what a freaking work out.
We have a Wii game that includes Curling (Winter Sports I think), and sweeping is hard even on the Wii. :)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
We have a Wii game that includes Curling (Winter Sports I think), and sweeping is hard even on the Wii. :)
I tried the curling on the Wii, and that is what has made me watch curling on the Olympics. I had no idea how much strategy is involved!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Did you see the USA/Japan women's match on Tuesday? They had to take an official measurement. The rocks were almost in the exact same location, just opposite sides.

And speaking of the Wii - have you seen the commercial for Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games? I want! The hockey player in full uniform standing with his leg out doing the figure skating - cracks me up.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you see the USA/Japan women's match on Tuesday? They had to take an official measurement. The rocks were almost in the exact same location, just opposite sides.

And speaking of the Wii - have you seen the commercial for Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games? I want! The hockey player in full uniform standing with his leg out doing the figure skating - craps me up.
I did see the women's match. Who would have thought that curling would be so intense?

I want Mario & Sonic too. We have Mario & Sonic and the Olympic Games, but I sooo want the winter one.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I curled for years and LOVED it. Sadly now I work all league curling nights. So now instead of enjoying the sport I get to prep the curling ice so they can have fun. The last bonspeil we entered our skip had shirts made for us that said, "My drinking team has a curling problem."

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love it! I would love to join the local club here, but a little to far to drive and they want you to join the country club too! Funny the other day I came home from work and my other half was drawing out the shots on a paper to tell me what happened with the British team! I think he is adicted too!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
you guys are making me giddy! I love watching curling.. but it's always been a bit of a joke from the yanks about how boring it is.. usually in jest.. but if you watch it, you can see how ridiculously skilled these people are.. it's crazy! The Canadian men's team is amazing.. Kevin Martin, the skip, is shocking good.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Last night during the women's USA vs. Denmark match the USA team was trying to pick their shot, and the announcer was guessing what they were going to do. He put a yellow dot on the surface, and said, "This is where they want to go, this is the sweet spot, this is the sweet spot right here." When he got the the 2nd "this is the sweet spot . . ." the camera angle changed, and his yellow dot was placed right on the American woman's crotch. I was dying! :pound:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts