Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me what you have and if you like it. Also if you have suggestions on the best place to buy it.

I would prefer not to go totally broke doing so. I miss having a really good camera that I can change lensons on. I have a wonderful set up that uses film but I really want a good digital one.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I have a Canon Rebel Xti. I love it. Best advice, go to a store and feel them up. You need one that fits and feels good in your hands. Also, www.dpreview.com - side by side comparisons of every DSLR out there. Happy shopping!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Fun! You are going to love it! =)

Canon recently announced a new model---I think it is called the Rebel T1i, and it offers something like all the standard features of a SLR, 15 megapixels, AND video (so you can catch Cinnamon in action.;))

I am thinking the price point will be somewhere around $900.

Make sure you hit your local camera store to "try some on" for size. :)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
You have SLR film camera! Check out the same brand for a DSLR. You will probably find the lenses you have will fit a DSLR model by the same company. A lot of the auto functions may not work, but you can get started and delay getting some of the lenses you really want.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I have a Nikon D50 and love it. I have to upgrade to a better zoom lens though, trying to save $ because they're expensive.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
If $900 isn't too dear I would wait for the Canon T1i...like Anne said, 15 MP and it does full HD video (and 720p and 480p video). The Nikon D90 also does video, but only up to 720p. The D90 is around $1200 I think.

If you don't care about the video, the Canon XSi has gotten uber cheap now that the T1i is coming out in a few weeks. It has 12 MP and is still a great camera...just no video. I have the Canon XTi (model before the XSi) and am hopefully going to upgrade to the T1i.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I have a Nikon D40 and love it. It's an older, refurbished model, and it's only 6.0 MP but it takes AWESOME pictures and it was not that expensive at all.

I would LOVE to have a Canon Rebel, but I just couldn't fork over that much $$! Poor college student, ya know! ;)

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
I've always used Pentax. Excellent cameras that are well priced. I naturally went with a Pentax DSLR, as I'm able to use my lenses from my film SLRs.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Olympus has some nice inexpensive DSLRs also. Their lenses are cheaper than Canon and Nikon, too.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Another Canon Rebel owner. I love the camera and over the years have bought some very good glass for it. I hope to update to the new Canon T1i but will wait till it is on the market for a while and hopefully the price will drop.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I've always used Pentax. Excellent cameras that are well priced. I naturally went with a Pentax DSLR, as I'm able to use my lenses from my film SLRs.
I was just reading a photography mag that was touting the Pentax k1000--saying it has the best bang for the buck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts