Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about a month ago about my BIL that drives me crazy. It has gotten worse. I was out of town for work 2 weeks ago, and when I got home my 11 year-old son said, "Guess what "annoying uncle" got evicted and is moving in with us in 30 days." I went nuts, but then found out that 30 days was wrong, and he had already been staying there . . . and has continued to do so. I was irate, and my husband said, "What was I supposed to do? If it was your brother would you have thrown him out on the street?" Well, I would have at least talked to him about it first.

Here's the kicker . . . I work from home, my husband is full-time student, and my kids are on summer break. BIL supposedly has a job, but has only worked 1 day in the last 2 weeks! We are all here ALL DAY LONG! I spend all of my time in my office during the day, and in my bedroom at night. My kids (11 & 15) normally spend their time in the finished basement where their video games, ping pong, air hockey, foosball, etc. are kept; but since that is where BIL is staying . . . they now spend all of their time in their rooms or in my room. If I don't kill someone soon it is going to be a miracle. I feel like I am on edge all of the time, and it only matter of time before I explode! Doesn't it seem like he would notice that everyone stays in their rooms, and that isn't normal? Doesn't it seem like he would get the hint? Thought I would feel better to rant, but it didn't work. AHHHHHHHHHH!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Don't rely on hints. They will fail miserably.
Set rules, guidelines, timelines, expectations. And make them STICK!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Tell hubby since it's his brother to tell him to get a job that lets him work more than 2x a month so he can have money and have his own place!!

What does he do all day?

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell hubby since it's his brother to tell him to get a job that lets him work more than 2x a month so he can have money and have his own place!!

What does he do all day?
Watches TV, plays video games . . . who knows . . . I stay away from him. He is 30 years old, he needs to get a life already. Hubby told him to get a job, but with 14% unemployment it will be difficult. My issue is that he doesn't even try!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't rely on hints. They will fail miserably.
Set rules, guidelines, timelines, expectations. And make them STICK!
True. We will have to have a little meeting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts