Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We let Remy sleep upstairs this weekend for the first time. Saturday night he did pretty well - didn't get into anything and slept right through the night. Started on the bed then moved to the dog bed we brought into the bedroom.

So, silly us we decided to let him try again last night. Ugh. He was fine until about 4 a.m. Then up on the bed. Climb on daddy. lay down. get up. climb on mama. Sniff mama's head. Jump off bed. Get back on bed. land on mama's chest. (Mama checks ribs) and so forth....

I'm going to have dozens of paw-shaped bruises all over me.

I think sleeping upstairs is going to be a weekend only thing for awhile....

Oh, and yes, Brooklyn is ticked. You have seen her face when we said "Time to go Ni' Ni' " and let Remy charge upstairs. She just looked at me like "Aw hells no!" and pouted the night away....

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I thinks that Remy is going to be upstairs more than just the weeks. HK got her first shot over this past Thanksgiving weekend. She has been sleeping on our bed ever since. She does know where the line is to DWs side and does not cross it. Well, maybe a tail violates the line occasionally. Seriously though. She gets up, lays down, and doesn't move until I get out of bed. (Forgot the occasional time when I push her off the bed in my sleep.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Oh man, this made me laugh out loud! We're going thru the same thing with Barley. Any movement wakes him up and then he's wiggly butting all over us and the 2 other dogs in bed with us. So, we let him sleep with us on weekends and then during the week (when we need our sleep) he sleeps in the crate (in the same room).

The worst thing is when he steps on my full bladder! :D

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Sally used to do that all night also. I would finally just put her out of the bed or even put her in her crate....just so I could get some sleep.

She soon worked it all out. She's fine during the night now. She does encroach on my spot, but when I move her, she's fine with it.

So I totally understand and sympathize with the brusing and soreness. Been there, done that....got the t-shirt! :p

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Funny, I have a paw-shaped bruise on the back of my knee from being stomped on in bed! I feel your pain, literally.

Mark (DH) is the one who allows Toby and Chamois to sleep in bed, so (like in Ed's house, apparently) there is an invisible line which is not crossed - over to my side. Chamois sleeps like a rock all night long, but Toby is tends to move around and gets in and out of bed several times a night. Exactly why I don't let him on my side of the bed. However, he is allowed 15 minutes of "Mommy time" on weekday mornings between when the alarm goes off (5:30) and when I really and truly have to get up (5:45); that's when he can come over and cuddle on my side. Normally he gets off the bed if he's on it and goes around to climb up from the outside, so no problem. this morning, however, he decided to take the shortcut. Over me. And on me. Clearly, we're going to have to work on this...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts