Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 1/2 pint of rum....back at work.......anything interesting? Or do I go home and grab the .22?........

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
After 1/2 pint of rum....back at work.......anything interesting? Or do I go home and grab the .22?........

I'm bored too. Forget the 22 how about my 45-70 Sharps?:D Lots a smoke from the 5000 gr bullets with a compressed load a Holy Black behind it.:D

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I'm bored too. Forget the 22 how about my 45-70 Sharps?:D Lots a smoke from the 5000 gr bullets with a compressed load a Holy Black behind it.:D

Dang! I was wondering if there is a shortage of pistol shells there? I know several folks around here who go to the firing range and siad it's getting harder to get pistol ammo.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Gotta kill........the Sharps could be interesting...kill a "swan sized" bird at 100 yards???

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang! I was wondering if there is a shortage of pistol shells there?
I...err....."the company" bought enough bullets to "take care of" a lot of "critters".....why do I want to retire?????

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Dang! I was wondering if there is a shortage of pistol shells there? I know several folks around here who go to the firing range and siad it's getting harder to get pistol ammo.

Well it's not good here either, primers is what we need, for those of us who roll our own, primers is in short supply. You know who did stimulate part of the economy.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Gotta kill........the Sharps could be interesting...kill a "swan sized" bird at 100 yards???

Shoud be duck soup or rather swan soup, it will shoot 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 moa.:D Little wider groups if we go from the target load to the ones with the 330 hp, soft cast of course.:D

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Swan are hard to kill. My experience is "shot", about 6 size in the head. These body shots with .22 are not any where near as effective, especially if there are witnesses....

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
No, please don't kill the swans! Make the penguin do it.

Better yet, go penguin hunting! ;)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, please don't kill the swans! Make the penguin do it.

Better yet, go penguin hunting! ;)
BELIEVE me. I wish I could.....I take no joy in the alternative I spoke of.....

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Swan are hard to kill. My experience is "shot", about 6 size in the head. These body shots with .22 are not any where near as effective, especially if there are witnesses....
No, not the shotgun unless it's flying, not proper, that's why I don't like turkey hunting in my state, shotgun only for firearm.

Here, use my classic Winchester Low-Wall, rebarreled to 22 Hornet, it will work fine, btw, that's one a them old steel K-12 Weavers from back when they were made in El Paso.;)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, not the shotgun unless it's flying, not proper, that's why I don't like turkey hunting in my state, shotgun only for firearm.

Here, use my classic Winchester Low-Wall, rebarreled to 22 Hornet, it will work fine, btw, that's one a them old steel K-12 Weavers from back when they were made in El Paso.;)

I like....I like...me be comparative novice...but, I like!!!!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I like....I like...me be comparative novice...but, I like!!!!

Lots of style points in that, classic 1940-50's custom varmint gun.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Definitely, a varmint person I am.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts