Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted in December that hubby had in accident in our Silverado... on December 12th... He finally gets it back on December 30th. December 31st it breaks down on the highway and has to be picked up and the truch towed BACK to the dealership. They finally call today and say the truck needs a new engine and insurance won't cover it. The truck was running fine before the accident and now it all of a sudden needs a new engine? I don't think so. I called the insurance company and they are sending someone out tomorrow. How do they know that insurance will not cover it if they have not even spoken with them???? They said it's $3800 for a used engine. He said based on the age of the truck this isn't surprising. He said the truck has 195,000 miles, I said no it has 135,000, big difference. Anyone have any suggestions??

Here is one of the photos I took...

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it's a dealer scam. They scammed me big time with my Jeep. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I would find another mechanic to look at it. A second opinion never hurts.

I do not blame you for being upset.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Maybe they are looking at the wrong truck . . . they had the mileage wrong, maybe they have the whole thing wrong. I hate dealerships, they tried to screw us on a transmission, but I am mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts