Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are replacing our bathroom carpet with linoleum and I picked out what I wanted yesterday. We bought a precut roll and GUESS what? It was NOT the size it said it was on the roll....too short!:mad: Well the store was already closed by the time we found this out.

Today DH is taking it back and getting a different one. I don't want to come home and find he picked out something that DOES not "go" with our bathroom.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
carpet? in the bathroom? ugh.. he could pick out the ugliest lino and it'd still be less gross than that =)

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
My friends' house in Maine had carpeting in the bathroom - so gross! They pulled it all out and put in wood flooring.

You'll be so much happier...and trust your DH - he's not color blind is he? No fondness for paisley patterns or sports team colors that might take over?

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My friends' house in Maine had carpeting in the bathroom - so gross! They pulled it all out and put in wood flooring.

You'll be so much happier...and trust your DH - he's not color blind is he? No fondness for paisley patterns or sports team colors that might take over?
No he isn't color blind :D LOL on the sports team colors.

I am expecting a phone call :)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Yeah I know...it came with the house. :rolleyes:
Our bathrooms are carpeted, too. :mad: The guy that was doing the repairs on the place before we moved in decided the leave the original linoleum in the kitchen and laundry room and carpet the entire rest of the house in a pale sand color. The kitchen and laundry room floor is horrible to clean, attracts dirt like a magnet, and it coming up around all the edges.

He should have re-done the kitchen and dining room in tile or laminate, and the bathrooms in tile. The man that owned the place lived in FL and trusted this jerk with all renovations and repairs. To repay that trust, the jerk charged him 3x what he should have, and did a crappy job.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I hope he picks something great!! :)

The house I grew up in (and my parents still live in) had carpeting in the washroom. It was an AWFUL brown color. blech. Who thinks that is a good idea? Especially around the toilet? Where men pee and their aim is not always 100%- Seriously. My parents finally ripped it up about 15 years ago. Blech blech blech.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Especially around the toilet? Where men pee and their aim is not always 100%- Seriously.
Right?! I took the rugs out of the bathroom to wash them yesterday and when I went in lastnight, there were pee droplets on the floor. *hurl* Disgusting!!! :mad:

We have a brick floor in the bathroom. Easy to clean and it looks really cool. :)

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I can't imagine carpet in the bathroom. ICK. I would totally trust my SU to pick it out though. He helped the neighbors pick their paint for their whole downstairs. He picks the colors in our house, I get veto power though.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i need a vomit emoticon for the way i feel about carpet in the bathroom so please picture one.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here you go

DH called and he got something similar to what I picked he said :)
I will be so happy if it's all done when I get home from work !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts