Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Very funny article. Fake air intake/outputs/hood scoops . . . LOL! :D

But come on, I loved my mom's old "Woody"! I still remember when she and my dad brought it home. My brother looked it up and down and said, "Hmmm . . . that's a lot of car."

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
That was good and I agree with most, especially those spinning wheels, yikes! Here in Oregon you will still see alot of "huge" SUV's especially Suburbans- Not sure I would see them as a fad, they have been around along time and I don't see many giving them up, at least not here.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
That was good and I agree with most, especially those spinning wheels, yikes! Here in Oregon you will still see alot of "huge" SUV's especially Suburbans- Not sure I would see them as a fad, they have been around along time and I don't see many giving them up, at least not here.
In some cases those big SUV's are a needed item, the rest, naw.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Another famous vinyl product meant to simulate the craftsmanship of a bygone era, fake wood paneling began to pop up in the 1960s, draping the sides of luxury station wagons such as the Ford Country Squire.
I remember ours well, growing up. :)

My last 4Runner had a fake hood scoop, I loved that about it.

In my opinion, gigundo sized SUVs are just a "look at me" vehicle. I don't care how long they've been around. You can fit in a mid-sized SUV if you're tall, the interior of mine is extremely roomy. :p

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
In some cases those big SUV's are a needed item, the rest, naw.
Yep, back when we had one kid ski racing and DD in Volleyball, we were freq. running several kids and equipment places. Did a lot of traveling for both. We had a Tahoe, but freq thought how a Suburban would of been nice- we were doing alot of mountain driving. People do realize we have alot of mountains here right;) Oh and you would never have seen me driving a mini van:eek: DH would always say, she would walk before she would drive one! He was pretty close to right:D We did own an old VW camper van at one point, that was the closest I would ever coming to owning a van!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts

My last 4Runner had a fake hood scoop, I loved that about it.

In my opinion, gigundo sized SUVs are just a "look at me" vehicle. I don't care how long they've been around. You can fit in a mid-sized SUV if you're tall, the interior of mine is extremely roomy. :p

How many kids? My in laws have 4 kids, all of whom are in carseats/booster seats. No way they are fitting in your little truck. They have a Pathfinder (hers) and a Sequoia (his), and there is still no room for a dog.

Don't jugde others based on your own personal circumstance. :) Your car might be fine for you, but all wrong for another family.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts

I don't know anyone who drives one as a "look at me" vehicle, I'm sure there are some, but the ones I know are folks with several kids, construction workers who haul lots of tools, farriers and folks who want to pull a long trailer. Long trailers and short wheelbase vehicles are not a good combo, they can be more dangerous in cross winds.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I said it was MY OPINION. My "little truck", which isn't a truck, will fit 5 people & 3 dogs comfortably.

Talk about judging....

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I said it was MY OPINION. My "little truck", which isn't a truck, will fit 5 people & 3 dogs comfortably.

Talk about judging....
Not judging, just showing facts, I would in no way attempt to pull a 6 horse trailer with a "short wheelbase vehicle" or put a 1000 pounds of power tools in one. Vehicles are made for certain puposes, how folks use them is up to them.;)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts

Talk about judging....
Comfortably? Ha! In carseats & booster seats? No chance, Amy. your truck is not bigger than the Sequoia. And their Sequoia barely holds them with their gear and no dogs. I saw it in action this past weekend.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I don't think anyone said you were judging, Glen. :)

Horsetrailer, yep you're right, I can definitely see that. Didn't think of that one.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I don't know anyone who drives one as a "look at me" vehicle, I'm sure there are some, but the ones I know are folks with several kids, construction workers who haul lots of tools, farriers and folks who want to pull a long trailer. Long trailers and short wheelbase vehicles are not a good combo, they can be more dangerous in cross winds.
Most I see serve a purpose as well. Single dude with no trailer, no off-roading, and no kids living in the city driving a gas hog get laughed at, not looked at. At least around here.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I drive a full size1/2 ton pick-up, mostly by myself, but it gets 18 mph in town and 23-24 on the highway. Most times I could get by with a smaller one a month ago i would have rather had a 3/4 ton. Can't afford two vehicles so one will have to do.

BTW if you look at it, nobody could say I drive it so folks think I look cool.:D

(I'm of the beat-up never wash it pick-up crown, that way no one mistakes us for the other kind.);)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Maybe it's a NJ thing, I see them everywhere.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Comfortably? Ha! In carseats & booster seats? No chance, Amy.
I didn't say kids, I said will hold 5 people comfortably. Seriously, how many people these days have 4 kids, all in car seats and booster seats? God Bless 'em if they do! :)

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I know someone who is in his mid 20s. Single, no kids, with one dog and has a Blazer and a Yukon! He doesn't boat, pull trailers, do construction work and is 5'6" tall. I don't get it and I don't ask. But he does like to poke fun at me for having a small two door vehicle that seats me, two other person and a dog comfortably and gives me 35mpg highway and 28-30 in town. hmm I don't get it.

Big SUVs certainly aren't for everyone but some people do need them. It is unfortunate though that more people who don't really need them have them.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts