Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got from lunch its 2:50 (I took a late one) and now after eating I am like really tired all of a sudden. I guess I might need to take a nap before working out and cleaning. Seriously, someone give me a pillow.

So does anyone want to talk about ANYTHING!!?? Come on keep me awake, this isnt good for business if I am caught sleeping on the job!!! ;D

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
maybe you're pregnant

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
It happens to everyone after eating. Suck it up, girl!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it happens but sitting here with not much to get me moving and busy doesnt help either. I guess I will go read some gossip and hope that I dont get fired. :p

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I am so freaking tired. I am now playing Yahoo games to keep me awake. Doesn't help that I am sick and wanting to go home.

Did you ever find any hotdog buns?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
DIGESTION & ELIMINATION:

It is important that you understand that the one natural body function that saps most of your energy is not sex, but Digestion.

Why do most of us feel ‘tired' or lethargic after eating a big meal? It's because every erg and it's spare are being whisked to your abdomen and vital organs to begin the digestion process. A Harvard medical study of heart-attack victims showed that many suffered their attack at two distinct times of the day; after arising, and after eating . . . when your heart is working hardest.

To begin digestion, the Heart begins pumping faster, and capillaries begin diverting blood to the abdomen and intestines. The blood actually helps the stomach begin the digestion process. And it's this diversion of blood that causes you to feel ‘drained' after eating.

Ironically, the worst thing to do after eating is rest. A good walk, right after dinner, is the best way to not only speed the digestion and elimination process, but also helps to burn some of the calories that you've just consumed. By increasing your level of activity, and thus the amount of oxygen you consume, you will actually counteract the ‘tired' feeling.

Within one to two hours after eating, the stomach begins to prepare your meal for a thirty-foot trip through your intestines, and at this point, is 65% complete. The amount of blood required to finish the digestion process (which takes another 5-8 hours) is reduced.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OMG Shanna. That is so more info than I wanted to know about my guts. It explains a lot though.

Sam you could work out by helping me beat up a mechanic. I could use some help. ;D I hate when mechanics treat girls like they're dumb.

Or we could just sit back to back and prop each other up so we don't fall over as we take a nap. Maybe if we're sitting up no one would notice that we're asleep (kinda like in Forrest Gump when Forrest and Bubba were in the jungle and were trying to sleep in the rain?)

Ok I'm tired too...babbling like a moron. Sorry!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes Amanda I did find hotdog buns and they were so good last night.

I love FORREST GUMP!!! I knew what you were talking about before I read the other part. I think my boss is going home now. That would be great, I will get on and play some games after she leaves. I would love to help beat up a mechanic!!! I have Cody changing my oil for me this weekend so I dont have to deal with these guys anymore.

That makes lots of sense on the reason why I am tired. :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ender's Mom said:
BudGirl8 said:
prop each other up
Totally read this as "grope each other up"

I was like... "well I'm sure that would wake her up right quick"
EWWWW

Ok, NO. I think your brain is still in San Diego mode Lindsay. ;D ;D ;D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tater said:
Yes Amanda I did find hotdog buns and they were so good last night.

I love FORREST GUMP!!! I knew what you were talking about before I read the other part. I think my boss is going home now. That would be great, I will get on and play some games after she leaves. I would love to help beat up a mechanic!!! I have Cody changing my oil for me this weekend so I dont have to deal with these guys anymore.

That makes lots of sense on the reason why I am tired. :)
I think I'm having hot dogs for dinner tonight. Trying to use up everything in the fridge before we go out of town.

I tried a new mechanic and I don't like the 'tude I'm getting from them. If they're going to charge me almost 500 bucks for a/c repair and checking out a tranny leak, I expect them to call me to tell me what the status is and to call me when the **** thing is done. What he doesn't know is that he can't blind me with bullshit mechanic speak so when I go to pay him he better have his ducks in a row or I will have to kick his ass. ;D

Cody rocks for changing your oil. If I had a flat driveway I'd change my own. Unfortunately, my driveway is steeper than a flippin mountain.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I say you just go ahead and kick his ass, it would be worth it. hehe

Yeah we have to park the car in the garage but he can change it at home. He just did the Supra so now he has everything to do mine and his other car. Which is great, I dont have to take it and drop it off anymore and I think its a little cheaper. ;D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I might just do that, I have a little aggression issue going on. ;D

I can't park the Tahoe in our garage...too narrow I think. Not to mention we're still not fully unpacked.

Yes it is cheaper and faster. I miss being able to do that stuff or having my brother do it for me. Oh well.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Sam - what did you eat for lunch? I mean, I know we all get in a lull after eating, but you seem to get really, really tired a lot this time of day. Did you have too many carbs and not enough protein maybe?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MyLabsMom said:
Sam - what did you eat for lunch? I mean, I know we all get in a lull after eating, but you seem to get really, really tired a lot this time of day. Did you have too many carbs and not enough protein maybe?
Today I had a spicey chicken from Wendy's (But I did not eat the bread) and a side salad. Then I had less then a hand full of M&M's to see if the sugar would help wake me up. I am always really tired after I eat anything. You should see me at night when I eat dinner. I am out like a baby. I guess I should never have sex so close to eating, I wouldnt wake up for hours I am sure...hehe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts