Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:-X

First, his cousin Riley rolled in it. Twice.

Henery ran over to investigate this wonderful thing that Riley was smearing all over himself. Then Henery decided it would make a tasty treat and down the hatch it went. Crunch crunch crunch. :-X

WHY??

I think I'm gonna :-X!!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Re: *hurk* Henery ate a dead squirrel at the park this morning *hurk*

Mouth wash for Henery and avoid the doggie smooches for a while.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts

Well guess he won't need any extra protein for a few days. ;)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Ugh, I still feel queasy thinking about it!! The image of a squirrel tail dangling out of his mouth while hearing squirrel bones crunching is not about to leave my mind anytime soon.

You know what I worry about?? Worms and maggots! Ugh. :-X Thank god it's not hot here yet.

It should pass okay, do you think??

Karon, as soon as we got home, I got out his toothbrush and toothpaste and went to town. ;)

·
Registered
5,788 Posts

:-X :-\
Sophie killed one of the mice that have been driving me nuts this year... hopefully the rest of them will take a hint and move on (they seem to be trap savvy). She nicely laid it on the sofa and waited for me to notice.. didn't have a mark on poor mousie, so she's a 'tidy' killer at least...

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Good catch, Soph!! :D She just wanted to show you her prize. ;)

Henery caught one last year, outside, as it raced across the sidewalk. In a flash he had it in his mouth and I heard it squeak rather indignantly. I think the sound startled him (don't know why it would, sounds like all his squeaky toys!), he dropped it, and it scurried off. I have no doubt he would have tried to down that too if he hadn't let go of it.

PS. Have you tried peanut butter on crackers in your traps?

·
Registered
7,913 Posts

Eww!! :-X

It is funny how dogs can be selective with what dead critters they choose to eat. For example, if my dogs found a dead rabbit it would be down the hatch quicker than I could say 'leave it!!'. But if they find a dead bird or squirrel they will only roll in it.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts

Be careful....Ivy ate a rabbit that Teddy killed and it gave her tapeworm.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohhhh great.

One more thing to worry about with him... worms!

Will I know right away? What should I watch for? Should I be taking him in to the vet at all??

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, the WHOLE thing, tail and all. :-X

Henery says, that was better than any countersurfing score!! ;)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL Melissa!

Yeah, I guess dead squirrel does qualify as raw. In fact, it was prolly a good carcass meal. Ugh!!!

Nope, no wormer at home, it may be time to swing by the vet's. It has been a while since they've seen him! ::)

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Toby and Chamois say:

Henery! You're our HERO, dude! How cool was that?! OUR meanie mommie never lets us eat yummers like that, we wouldn't even have gotten to roll in it. You are SOOO lucky!

Mom says:

Ugh, sorry Felicia. Not quite sure what to say, I'd have been pretty upset myself. Eww!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
OH!! WHOA!!! HURK is RIGHT!!!

Well...This fits into the prey model I guess, right? :p

Ew, but I would be hurking too. :-X

·
Registered
329 Posts
Henery I just want to make something perfectly clear to you - this type of behaviour will not be tolerated at prom - I mean really do you expect me to kiss you after something so disgusting?

Honestly - what were you thinking Henery?

HBB

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh HannahBanana! :-[

I know it's not a very gentleman-ly thing to do. No more dead carcasses!! I promise!!

Hope you'll still let me take you to prom!

Loves, Henery

·
Registered
5,788 Posts

henrysmom said:
Good catch, Soph!! :D She just wanted to show you her prize. ;)

PS. Have you tried peanut butter on crackers in your traps?
Tristan is such a maniac about food, I didn't really want to put anything extra-yummy on the traps.. right now I'm working on plugging all their entry holes, and that seems to be working (the one this morning came in through a gap in the baseboard, I believe - not the safest method with three dogs..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts