Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even for Memphis this is awful. We usually get high humidity here but it is so think here today.

I was thinking of taking Tal to the park and let him swim and fetch a bit. Definitely do not want him exerting himself too much. Plus we didn't get to go to the park last week any.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
It's been nasty here lately too- we had four straight days of rain here last week and that didn't help any.

I've been getting up at 5:30 (okay, for those of you with real jobs that's not that early, but for a student that's tragically early) and doing our exercise at 5:30 am and at 8pm to avoid it.

If it's like that here in Saint Louis, Memphis has to be miserable.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
We have been having really pleasent weather here for now but your post brings back memories of last summer...the humidity -- yuck!! it makes the dogs miserable.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Its super nice in flaggy here. We just got snow yesterday but it melted and today its sunny and warm with a light breeze. I dont' wanna go back to St. Louis humidity! <cries> :'(

·
Registered
14 Posts
yea i what do you guys do when the heat is so bad. i'm in socal and they say its going to be triple number everyday here maybe some 90's. what do you do at a time like this

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm probably gonna wait until 6 or so to take him...fewer people at the park then..;) plus it will still be plenty of daylight! Plus he is laying on my bed in front of the a/c right now so I figure why spoil his comfort right now! lol

I guess having grown up here I am used to high humidity but not particularly at this time of year. And the temperature is 88 here now.

I'm being cautious with Tal because of his black coat since dark colors hold in the heat and I don't wanna cause him any heat related problems...

We played fetch for about 20 minutes early this morning..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts