Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched the unaired pilot of "Lost in Space" yesterday.

Some things are **still** cool -- Jetpack
Some things are now horribly dated -- Maureen Robinson with a PLASTIC LAUNDRY BASKET?!?!?
Some things are downright laughable -- Will strumming an acoustic guitar and singing "Greensleeves."

snerk

And Debbie the Bloop should've been fricaseed and eaten at the first episode regarding food shortages. Annoying.

Interesting. The pilot contained no Dr. Smith. And no Robot. And MAJOR West was DOCTOR West.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a kid, I LOVED this show. Cooler than Batman, even.

But my middle bro, 2 yrs older than me, used to get nightmares from it. Rock monsters coming alive to get him. Etc. etc.

And so Mom NIXED it. For ALL of us. Blip. Onto something else.

So unfair.

It wasn't scaring ME!!!!!!!!!!! And I was younger!!!!

Not that I still harbor a grudge or anything..........

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love that the episodes download as one complete show. YouTube makes me insane with Part 1, Part 2, Part 3......

Grr.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Joost is good to they have channels. My favorite is the completly horrible channel. They show old outdated movies that are so bad you have to watch.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I heart Hulu. Love the old "Lost In Space" episodes too. I remember getting a Lost in Space model (the ones you put together with glue then paint, remember those;)) for my birthday when I was little. What a great present.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nothing was cooler than Batman. Nothing!
Batman lost me when they'd walk up a building and Xavier Cougat would poke his head out a window.

"Not to worry, fellow citizen!"
"Cool daddy-oh..."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts