Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday one of my longest-standing girlfriends spent the afternoon with me and the dogs. It was great. We laughed, we cried, we philosophied.

Then we moved on to the power tool training. She is Queen of Power Tools. And now I know which tool goes in which charger. You see, in most homes where women would have a lovely potted plant or a striking piece of furniture I have Tud's power tools. Um... okay, there's a certain beauty in them, I guess, but now I can use them. Doggie door flap BEWARE! You are about to be replaced in the blink of an eye! No more hand held Phillips screwdriver for ME! Last week I took down a storm window to clean the window above the kitchen sink... OH MY! Lookie what I did! I even, with the manual Phillips, managed to get 6 of the 9 screws back in when I replaced the window! Go me!

Then, upon being told I had a brake light out on the PaddyWagon, searched online for instructions to replace it. Great! Easy. Went to the Auto store, got the bulbs (good for brake lights and tail lights), got the little torque screwdriver thingie, asked the guy if he would show me how. Well, he told me how but couldn't do it himself (store rules) in the event the light casing broke. Okey-dokey. I'll give it a go tomorrow at school when one of the guys there can kind of coach me. But! I'll do it myself. I hope.

Now I'm going to fry up a bunch of bacon for BLTs tonight, some to sprinkle on a salad in a couple of nights, and some for me and the dogs to munch on.

Oh! And I found a small lamp in the house, tucked away gathering dust, that I put in the front room. Such a nice glow it gives off when the sun has gone down! It's sweet.

Okay. That's it for me for now.

Love...

·
Registered
220 Posts
You see, in most homes where women would have a lovely potted plant or a striking piece of furniture I have Tud's power tools.
Joe would think your choice of decor is lovely! I, on the other hand, believe that the tools should be put away in a convenient place. Maybe you can build a toolshed!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I second the notion that you should build a tool shed. Nice little project for ya. ;)
Good on ya, Nance!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Nance, you are awesome. You go, girl!! I can't tell you how happy I am that you are forging ahead the way you are. Now, will you show me how to use a power drill without stripping the screws? ;) <giggle>

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Next trip you come out here and show me how to use the power tools that are sitting around here gathering dust!!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Good on ya, Nance. I love your powertool story. I know every once in a while I get the urge to build/fix something just so I can get out my reversible drill with the easy-loc bit system.:)

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
WTG Nance,

My gram was the queen of building and figuring out things. My grandpa was a sea captain and gone for long periods. She didn't keep a honey-do list or find someone else in the cove to fix things she did it herself. Now my mum could care less but gram taught me well.

The brake light will be a peace of cake. Saturn really designed the cars that were built during the Paddywagon days like that. When I bought my SL2 the salesman made me take out the bulbs on the tail light and head light so I could see how easy it was.

***updated***
Wanted to add my BR told me that when you change one brake light change them both. You usually get 2 to the package. Because if one burnt out the second is not far behind it in hours of operation.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Its a great feeling to learn new skills to be able to do more things on your own. WTG! Hugs!
Well-put :) Glad to hear you're doing well Nance!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts