Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure how I feel...

Last winter I decided to try a local trainer that is a friend of a friend, mainly for socialization and I didn't want to drive my usual hour for training in the snow. On the first day she alpha rolled a client's dog and totally ruin this person's experience with dog training by drilling it in her head her dog was aggressive and will one day bite someone. Now this was a new dog owner and had an unsure dog (not aggressive) that did show some defensive behavior toward another dog in the class. And beside that she totally did not have a clue what she was doing...luckily I have had enough experience that I just did my own obedience while this so called trainer spewed garbage from her mouth. I would never ever recommend her!!

Anyway, she has since opened a boarding clinic and doggy daycare. I thought I would look up her website to see what she is offering and how she is advertising as I want to in the future open my own boarding place. And I was interested in what servives she is offering the community. Well, on her main page she has pictures of dogs (presumed clients) that continue to change as a mini album. A picture of my two dogs are in that!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Whether you approve of her training methods or not she should never use pictures of your dogs without your permission. Unless there was something written in the contract for the class you took that photos were being taken and would be used without your permission I would request that the pictures be removed from the site immediately.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Whether you approve of her training methods or not she should never use pictures of your dogs without your permission. Unless there was something written in the contract for the class you took that photos were being taken and would be used without your permission I would request that the pictures be removed from the site immediately.
I totally agree, and when I told her about it, I'd use the opportunity to tell her you don't want your dogs promoting her training methods.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
I totally agree.

The lady who walks Dexter everyday and looks after him whenever we are gone, asked our permission before using his photos on her website.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I was thinking the same but then I thought well, I did take her class (once) and she did take the picture in class, though I don't remember her taking it. so I guess it would be accurate that I was a once client.

ETA: I totally don't like the idea of my dogs advertising for her.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
If you didn't sign an agreement giving her permission to use them, I would write or email her telling her if the pics aren't removed within 24 hours, you'll start legal proceedings against her.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
That's pretty unprofessional.

I'd contact her and ask that she remove them if you did not sign a waiver allowing her to photograph your dogs and using it as marketing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts