Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Saw DW#2 in a band concert yesterday afternoon. This was sponsored by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, which invited musicians from all across the dioscese to participate.

There were 140 kids onstage, playing Sousa and Gershwin and Holst. Including one flautist who was particularly memorable! ((*wink*))

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
We had great weather here in CT over the weekend! Puppies got a long walk on Sunday. And we tried letting Remy sleep upstairs (see my "Bruised and Battered" thread in LC) We went to a wine tasting and saw "Watchmen". All in all - a nice one.

How was yours?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like lots of rain and cold! Bummer :( Shopping and music are two of my favorite past times! My weekend was good...nice and low key. We went for a long run on Saturday morning, and then worked on our backyard, which is completely torn up right now. Shane was on the John Deere tractor, and I went to Home Depot and picked out a bunch of new plants for our garden. We turned our old fountain into a planter, and it now has poppies, gardenias, spanish lavendar, and gerber daisies. It is really beautiful!

Besides that we took the pups hiking yesterday with a friend, and then I had some homework and class last night.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We had great weather here in CT over the weekend! Puppies got a long walk on Sunday. And we tried letting Remy sleep upstairs (see my "Bruised and Battered" thread in LC) We went to a wine tasting and saw "Watchmen". All in all - a nice one.

How was yours?
Ooh, wine tasting! I am jealous!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
With weather up in the 70's, which is very unusual for DE, I spent a lot of time outdoors! Fanny & Eddie got a nice long walk at the BP both days and then I got started on my spring yard work. SD is VERY detail oritented and she helped get all the crap out of the flower beds and we found all sorts of good stuff growing. The bad stuff was growing too but it is no more!

Fanny had her first real swim of the year this weekend and loved it. We don't go near the pond during the winter but a couple of weekends ago she took a dip in the pond and it was COLD.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With weather up in the 70's, which is very unusual for DE, I spent a lot of time outdoors! Fanny & Eddie got a nice long walk at the BP both days and then I got started on my spring yard work. SD is VERY detail oritented and she helped get all the crap out of the flower beds and we found all sorts of good stuff growing. The bad stuff was growing too but it is no more!

Fanny had her first real swim of the year this weekend and loved it. We don't go near the pond during the winter but a couple of weekends ago she took a dip in the pond and it was COLD.
Wow! That is warmer than it was in Phoenix this weekend! Sounds so nice. Can't blame you for spending all the time outdoors. What did you find growing??

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
friday-went for a fish fry
saturday-horseback riding in the morning and shopping for SIL's birthday afterwards
Sunday-cooking class, late lunch with in laws, and cake and ice cream later.

weather was beautiful friday and saturday but sunday was a total washout.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Went to the college my son is attending and watched him play in his first "offical" college tennis match. It was fun. Warm day but VERY windy.
Also got to see the changes he has made to his dorm room (and it was actually pretty clean). Got to meet some of his friends (one female he seemed pretty fond of). Took him out for dinner and got to hear stories of college life. Made me feel so good to see how well things are going for him.
Yesterday, relaxed and walked the doggies and threw many, many tennis balls. Then BBQed a couple of steaks to end the day.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Friday was Riley's basketball awards program at church. That only lasted an hour, but his coach and 4 other teams reserved the gym after for a pizza/basketball party. We didn't end up leaving until 10:30.

Saturday we cleaned the garaged, drove out to Pittsboro (Home of Jeff Gordon) because Jason has a friend with a pizza shop and we hadn't been out there yet. Then later met friends for dinner and Wii tennis and bowling.

Yesterday we didn't do a thing! Didn't even make it to church. :eek: (But we were there till 10:30 Friday night so that counts for something, right?)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
It was fun! Thanks for asking ;) haha

Saturday I did some yard clean up with the pups, and brushed both girls really well, and then I had to go into work 4-close.

Yesterday, I went into work @ 1, then when I got home I finished up homework, and studied for the math test I had today!

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Friday evening: dinner & drinks with Shawnee Yacht club members;

Saturday: morning, long walk with Puff in nature preserve; Labfest Saturday afternoon, then watched KU win the Big 12 season basketball championship; went to the lake and did a little work on my sailboat

Sunday: choir practice, then Church; called and e-mailed friends of Alan notifying them of the time & place of his memorial service; went to a dance that evening in Lawrence, KS -- met a woman attending (her first time) who seemed interesting.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Not long enough! I had to work this weekend, and I had to open both days. Although I love DST, I really resented it when I was at work at 7 on Sunday morning. Next week is packed with midterms, so after work I studied both days. Not too exciting, I know, but after this is Spring Break, so I'll make up for it then. :D I did take the pups out to the lake last night tho, so they were nice and tired while I hit the books.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Our local wine shop does wine tastings every Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Saturday's was French wine. I liked a Sancierre (dry white) and we also got a bottle of a red,a but I can't remember what it was....

I don't think I have ever tried a Sancierre, but the only whites I really enjoy are the drier ones. How was it? Are the tastings free?

Sounds like there were a lot of sports activities going on. Who won the tennis match? That must have been nerve wracking!

Bob, is this a lady of romantic interest?? :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts