Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riley's decided that he really wants to play tennis this fall. Unfortunatly this is a sport with tryouts and he's never played before.

I only played for one year, so I'm not sure the best way to go about teaching him. Ideas?

Or maybe, how could I go about finding lessons that didn't cost a fortune? (Don't know that dad will go for that, but it's a thought.)

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I should think that your local park and rec dept. would run lessons through some kind of summer program at a pretty reasonable cost. That's how I learned.

Lots of local community college districts run summer programs with stuff like tennis and swimming, as well.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Does he know anyone on the tennis team? That would probably be a good place to start. There might be an upper-classman that is willing to give lessons for a small fee. If he doesn't know of anyone, call the school's athletic director or the tennis coach, and maybe they can get you in contact with someone. A graduating senior would be good.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Melissa, can you teach him yourself? Go to a high school on a weekend and use their courts. :)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that was my first question - how? I don't know the best way to teach him the fundamentals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts