Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just cleaning out some junk from under my bed and I had two tackle type boxes of crafty stuff (ie: beads, buttons, string) when I opened them to combine the two I found dog hair. This hair wasn't Abby's nor did it belong to Molly. It belonged to Casey our golden boy who we put to sleep just a few days after Christmas in 2005. Here I sit bawling my eyes out because I found his hair :(

How pathetic do I feel right now? Pretty darned

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Awwww...you're not pathetic at all. You just realized you still miss your boy. It's perfectly normal.

Btw, many months after his death, I cried my eyes out when I finally washed towels that were muddy and crusty from wiping Ronan's paws, thinking I'd lost the last remnants of him.

When we're least expecting it, grief creeps up on us sometimes.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh that most definitely snuck up on me.

Goodness I miss that sweet furry boy :(

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I would find a black hair once in a while 4 years after I lost Midnite, now I don't know whose they are. The hardest part was the day I brought Rowdy home, he had to go potty and I started tearing, the leash I put on Rowdy had been Midnite's. :'(

K

·
0 Posts
**HUGS** Casey was thinking about you and he wanted you to feel his love! :angel:

·
0 Posts
Aww, you just love him. ANd he's sitting there at the bridge wagging his tail because he knows you love him! :D

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Good lord! How many times have I cried over Snook who we PTS 4 years ago? I cannot count but I know the last time was about 2 days ago!

It is very difficult to lose one we love so much, just go ahead and have a good cry and then remember the fun times............

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Youre not pathetic...now go put the hair inside a glass ball...they sell ones that open up, attach a ribbon, decorate with the beads from the crafty kit, and hang it on your Christmas tree every year :laugh:
I have an ornament with dog hair from all of the dogs we had growing up and from Molly who we just put to sleep 2 months ago. It seems appropriate that they get to be on the tree every year.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Susan, that has to be one of the coolest ideas I have heard in a long time!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts