Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deanna's thread prompted this! How old were you when you got married (for the first time, if applicable! LOL).

I was 26, Paul was 29. We had been together exclusively since I was 17 though.

You?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I was 29, Jason was 33.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
21 the first time, lasted 13.5 yrs. and then divorced 13.5 yrs and married again at 46. WHY? Caught me in a weak moment! :)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I turned 26 a month after we were married. Steve was 27, almost 28. We were engaged for a year, and before that, dated 2 years. Thirteen years married this May, 16 together =)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting!! So I shouldn't get antsy then, that Mike (son) & Sam (gf obviously) aren't engaged at 23? :D

·
Registered
930 Posts
It could happen, you just never know.

We moved in together a month after dating, and already knew we would be getting married. Engaged 7 months later!

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Which time?

1st time......I was 23 and she was 20. Married 6 years. We are good friends still and talk regularly. She is a smart and beautiful woman, friends on Facebook will see her posting once in a while to keep me honest. LOL When MJ and I visit Orlando we always meet up with her and go out to eat or something.

2nd time.....I was 35 she was 32.....married for 8+ years. She seems to be aging well so I plan to keep her for a while.:)

·
Registered
479 Posts
I was 13 years old when I meet my honey, he was 14. He was the only one for me after that. Got married when I was 16. We just celebrated our 38th anniversary. He is still the only one for me. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow dogmom, that is amazing!!!! Both parents approved of the marriage that young? Do you have children?

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i was 24 and he was 25. we dated for a year but had known each other since i was a sophomore in high school(and had dated shortly when i was 19 as well.)

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
So I shouldn't get antsy then, that Mike (son) & Sam (gf obviously) aren't engaged at 23? :D
No need to get ansy. :)

All to often people who marry young get divorced. You only have to look at the high percentage of divorced baby boomers, like my parents, to see that.

This chart is also interesting...

Age at marriage for those who divorce in the United States:

--------------------------------------------------
Age Women Men
Under 20 years old 27.6% 11.7%
20 to 24 years old 36.6% 38.8%
25 to 29 years old 16.4% 22.3%
30 to 34 years old 8.5% 11.6%
35 to 39 years old 5.1% 6.5%

[divorce statistics index]

I got married when I was 27 and my wife was 29.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts