Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Topic of the hour on the radio. :washing:

It started out by asking how often you wash the sheets on your bed.
Me, once a week.

Now they're talking about how often you wash your jeans. Huh? Mine get washed after every single wear. Most people calling in, wear them a couple of times before washing.

Ew.

You? Sheets and jeans.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooo, another good one. Towels? Me, after every single use.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Big letdown, subject title to tread content.

Just sayin....

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan, I have no interest in knowing how often you and Eileen "take naps". :love:

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Sheets, I try to wash at least every 2 weeks. Sometimes I do them once a week.

Jeans I will usually wear 2x before I wash them unless I get them super dirty or smelly.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Sheets - weekly (sometimes more if they are covered in dog hair)
Jeans - washed after wearing once
Towels - unless someone can figure out a way to guarantee me that the part I dried my face with today isn't the same part I dried my butt with yesterday, they get washed after each use.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Towels - unless someone can figure out a way to guarantee me that the part I dried my face with today isn't the same part I dried my butt with yesterday, they get washed after each use.
Exactly! Not to mention crotch. Ew.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
The tag. The end with the tag is the face end.

I wear jeans twice before washing unless I've gone to a stinky restaurant.

Sheets - how often I want to wash them and when I actually get around to it are very different and lets just leave it at that!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Ooo towels typically get washed 1x a week around here.

Melissa, that's how I do it too! The end of the towel with the tag is the face end.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Sheets get changed about every 2 weeks. I probably don't wash more often than once a month, though, because we have 4 or 5 sets. Blankets probably get washed once a month or so.

I change towels every week or two. I'm clean when I dry off, no need for a fresh one each time. I couldn't handle having to do that much laundry, it would be ridiculous. Hand towels that are rarely used go even longer between washings, maybe once or twice a year.

I wear my jeans 3 or 4 times before they are washed. I probably do a jeans wash every other week. But I work in an office and I change out of my street clothes when I get home to make shirts and pants last longer. I usually wear shirts twice before I wash them, especially in the winter when I'm not sweaty.

Want to know something else gross? I have trouble keeping up with socks so I only wear one pair a week (a week = 4 days at work, I wear flip flops out and about, even when it's 30 degrees). I could never keep up with 4 different pairs, much easier to do it this way. I only wear socks in the winter months anyway.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Sheets- once a week.

Towels- Depends. I use one towel for my hair- so the next day, I use that towel for my body. Kelsey does the same thing. The boys use one towel and they get washed after each use.

Jeans- I wear them a couple times before washing.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
The tag. The end with the tag is the face end.
How do you know where your butt was? I don't want the butt part drying anything else off. Re-using towels really creeps me out.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I usually wear shirts twice before I wash them, especially in the winter when I'm not sweaty.
I wear sweaters at least twice because I always have a shirt on underneath, so they aren't touching me directly.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
How do you know where your butt was? I don't want the butt part drying anything else off. Re-using towels really creeps me out.
I don't care if the butt part dries my legs off. I just came out of the shower. My ass is clean!

But, the tag end is for the face and I move down the towel and down my body - so each day each part ends up in roughly the same place.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Yeah...for those of you that have ass towels after bathing...try some soap!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I just came out of the shower. My ass is clean!
I know I'm clean when I come out, and in theory this shouldn't bother me . . . but it still creeps me out. I need therapy!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Sheets, well it depends on.. well it depends. ;)

Towels, every couple of weeks.
Jeans, I wear three or four times. We're in construction, if you wash them more than that people think you're a show-off.

I live in a place where drought and water rationing is a constant threat. There's no daily washing of towels around here.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts