Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been two weeks since I planted my upside-down garden. It's doing great! Here are comparative pics:

Right after planting:

Today - two weeks later:

Tomato, after planting:

Same tomato, today:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
The one on the end is really taking off! What is it - cuke?

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Those look great, I'm having a race with my neighbor to see who has the first ripe tomato. He has his in the upside down planters, mine are just in the Garden. I have a few tomato's already, not ripe of course. I'm so excited to start making salsa!!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Looks great!!! I don't have any yellow buds yet. :( Well if they don't produce anything, it sure has been a good conversation piece.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I wish I had thought of that! What a great idea. I didn't even plant a garden this year because of the deer and rabbits. Have you done this before?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I had thought of that! What a great idea. I didn't even plant a garden this year because of the deer and rabbits. Have you done this before?
No, this is my first try. I had ordered the Topsy-Turvy planters in April, and they are still on back order. :rolleyes:

The one on the far right is cukes, then tomato, green pepper, green beans, cukes, green beans with a small tomato, and tomato. The green beans are really doing well, too, but they are curling up around the base of the planters instead of going down, so it will be interestng to see what happens with them.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Seems like your doing great w/out the topsy-turvy planters-I'd cancel-looked like you saved 140.00 doing it your way.

Alot of rain in NJ I don't know how my garden is going to make out this year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts