Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out how rushed I'm going to be at the show.
Is it 10 minutes for each dog in Utility??

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
I think it's 7, but could be wrong (trying to remember from the timed matches we have around here). I'm pretty sure it isn't more than 10, tho.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's for the Charleston Show.
I've not heard anything from the Piedmont show yet.

I'm #74 in Utility A - start time 8:00
Nos. 30 35 53 65 72 74 83 91 98 100 103 107 108 109

I'm also in Rally Advanced A in another building #43 - Start time 9:00
Nos. 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

I really hate it when they do this. I'm thinking I may have time to get to the Rally run, but seriously doubt I'll have time to walk the course as I'll probably be in the Utility ring.

This kind of thing causes me more stress than actually being in the ring showing. Arrrrgggghhh.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Can you ask to move up to #1 in utility??? Tell them you have a conflict...sometimes they are understanding.

Just talked to Libby (show chair for piedmont), she thinks I should be "dangerous" and enter obed. as well as Rally. I may enter just Sunday for obed. Or just sat...thinking I want to enjoy my specialty, not worry about how badly I'll be embarrassed in the ring. It will be my first one this school year...missed the fall ones.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I probably will ask to be moved up.

At the Piedmont show Ruger will be in the ring 4 times each day.
Remington will be in the ring once each day... and we are keeping our paws crossed that he stays in the ring ;)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Most judges figure 8 minutes per Open and Utility dog. But, I have seen some move faster and some slower.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I thought it was about 10 minutes...but I have not done that many Utility runs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts