Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
around noon time. There's probably another 2 inches out there now. It comes about half way up Caleb's legs.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
It sure is pretty!! I'm sure Caleb is having fun too, although I would NOT want to be clearing the driveway!

We're getting about 30mm of rain... I believe that would have been 12 inches of snow had it been 5 or 10 degrees cooler!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
that's a lot of snow!!

I think we got around 7 inches, but the wind blew so much around that we've got huge drifts everywhere.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sure is pretty!! I'm sure Caleb is having fun too, although I would NOT want to be clearing the driveway!
Funny thing- until a couple of weeks ago, Caleb could have cared less about the snow. He couldn't wait to get back in. Then we had a day where it was about 55-60. He had a blast racing through the 4 or so inches of snow that was left in the back yard. I just had him out to pee, and he started butt tucking around the pee pen. As for clearing the driveway- we have a huge snowblower that does a really good job, especially with the fluffly stuff like what we got. But, even better- our neighbor across the street works for a contractor. He got home early today and plowed the driveway for us. :) Ken's out there now just cleaning up the edges.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
We got hammered today! A good 13" with snowdrifts higher than that. We were shoveling at 8 a.m. and by 3 had to do it all over again! The temps are going DOWN...so ice is going to be the next issue!

We had a "snow day". The schools were closed so I'm not complaining!!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
That's a lot!! We ended up with about 10" by the time it finished. Oh wait, it's snowing again... maybe it's not finished.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...We were shoveling at 8 a.m. and by 3 had to do it all over again!...
Ken was waiting for the snow to end before he started blowing it. Otherwise he would have been done when our neighbor got home.

...The temps are going DOWN...so ice is going to be the next issue!.. !!
Same here. It went up to 21 after the sun came out. According to our
thermometer, it's still 21, but going down. Of course, that's not factoring in the wind.

...We had a "snow day". The schools were closed so I'm not complaining!!
Us, too. I got the call around 5AM. Just got a call saying we'll have a delayed opening tomorrow, as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts