Just Labradors banner

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much you think each of your Labs lick things in general?

• 1 (never licks anything other than food/toys)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10 (licks absolutely everything and everyone)

How much do your Labs lick?

4K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  myfavoritedog 
#1 ·
I just thought this would be interesting to see what everyone says.. Abbey's probably at a 8 or 9.. she licks things more than she sniffs! :laugh:

Also, if you have multiple dogs, you can vote more than once. :happy:

#2 ·
I gave koda a 3 because she licks tuck's face but that's about it.. i have to beg for kisses.. tucker on the other hand.. you just look at him and he licks your face.

#3 ·
Baloo's in between, sometimes licks, sometimes not. He'll lick faces and hands, but also other dogs, his toys, the cats on occasion but not obsessively.... he gets a 5.

Peanut will lick for as long as you let her, but just hands and faces, noses especially. Never other dogs/toys/cats, so I'll give her a 7 for over-doing the hand/face licking. ;)

#4 ·
Jake is a kiss miser. If there isn't some trace of food on you, you're not getting licked, the exception being John's feet :death:

Of course, I don't really like being licked by dogs so I wouldn't be surprised if I had discouraged it when he was a puppy, I just can't remember either way now.

#7 ·
Sawyer is somewhere between and eight and a nine. He has kind of an obsession with it. I nipped it in the bud early that kisses are okay but standing there for ten minutes licking my hands or feet with no stop was gross. Now he does it with no one else except for my mom cause she lets him get away with it :crazy:.

#12 ·
I put Lexi around a 3 on the licky scale!

For her it depends on the person & most specifically if they have any sort of lotion on. She is not a particularly a kissy dog, but put lotion or cream on your hands, feet, legs, arms.... you will most definitely be getting a good lick from her. This is exceptionally true with the Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion, when my mom puts that on Lexi will lick every exposed spot to get that lotion. No idea if it tastes good or what, but it does smell like chocolate.

#13 ·
I gave mine both an 8. Calli will lick everything, anyone , all the time. She will wake you in the middle of the night with kisses if you roll to close to her :laugh: !

Bogey licks his paws, her ears, her head :whatever: and well, anything thats interesting.

G
#16 ·
Aries was, but since we got Tundra it's down to nothing, Tundra would jump on Aries if he moved to lick himself :laugh: So all the prozac an other meds he was on nothing helped after 8 years, until the day we got Tundra it all stopped :D

#20 ·
I have a bad habit of wiping my hands on my jeans when cooking/eating so Boo is always licking my upper leg (or bum) to see if there are any leftovers for him. :crazy:

He gives kisses if you ask--as long as I'm not on my way to work. He gets mad and won't give kisses when DH or I are in our work clothes on our way out the door. :laugh:

I gave him a 5. :happy:

#21 ·
Puff is a licker, so much so that I had a tag made for her collar (that she wears) proclaiming

"GENUINE OFFICIAL
STATE LICKER
LICENSE"​

If Puff sees you, she wants to lick you face.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.