Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our newest addition is a little oopsie from a pure bred lab, and pure bred corgie. He weighs 7 pounds and is close to 9 weeks old. I am just curious as to whether any of you remember how much your labs weighed at the same age. Our older lab was 4 months old when we got her and she weighed about 26 pounds.

I bought Charlie a new crate and I think it's WAY too big!! It seems to me that maybe his is going to be a little guy. After all take a look at those tiny little feet!!

If you could remember how much they weighed and tell me how big they are now too that would be very, very helpful!

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Caleb was a smidge over 10 pounds at 8 weeks. He's on the small side for a male Lab, just at the minimum adult weight of 65 pounds. Rule of thumb is to double that cute little guy's weight when he's 4 months old and you'll have a rough idea at what his adult weight will be.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Rhys was a peanut, 9 lbs at 9 weeks old, he was, at his most 85lbs as an adult.

Ruby was 21lbs as a 9 weeker, and is about 85lbs as an adult.

Gin and all my puppers at 9 weeks old were over 20lbs, except for baby Marshall who was a good 18lbs.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Baloo was 12 pounds at nine weeks, is now 69 pounds at two years. :)

Your baby will probably end up smaller than the average lab due to the corgi.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Our Gabby will be 8 weeks old tommorrow and weighs 16 pounds 4 oz. Her brother "Drifter" went home Saturday and weight was a hefty 18 pounds 4 oz. But I get teased about it being my water- growing them so big. LOL!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
The smallest was ~8.5 lbs but from a huge litter. NOrmally I'd guess ~15# to be the norm at 8 wks. I do not keep mine rolly polly...

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Sammi was about 12lbs when I picked her up at 8.5wks- now at age 3 she is always betweek 60-65lbs- last weigh in at petsmart was 62lbs

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Milly would have been around 12lbs at 9 weeks. She is currently smack on 60lbs and is 1 year and 3 months old.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I very much wanted a small Lab -- they fit in so many more places. :D

Puff was the runt in her litter and, at age 9 weeks old, she weighed 6 lbs. compared to the 12 lbs. each for her seven sibs. She came from a breeder who's a very active competitor in Hunt Test and Field Trial competitions and there are many HT/FT champions in her lineage. Her build is typical of the HT/FT line of Labs (but smaller) -- leaner, lankier, leggier, less blocky head, sickle shaped tail.

She's still small compared to many Labs; she's 20.5"/52 cm at the shoulders and weighs 63 lbs/ 28.6 kg.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Remy was about 14 lbs at his first vet visit which was between 8 and 9 weeks. He now just weighed in just shy of 70lbs. And we're just at 15 mos. I don't think we're quite done yet.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
rookie was 18 lbs at 8 weeks, Rider was 10 lbs at 8 weeks.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Skippy was 18 lbs at 6 weeks, probably 20 lbs at 8 weeks, because after that he weighed his age in months with a zero on the end (3 months - 30 lbs). He now stands 25 inches tall and weighs a svelt 110 lbs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just had Charlie to the vet again for puppy shots, and he is now 9 pounds.

Those last posts are some BIG puppies!! 20 pounds!!! ::eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts