Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I opened the link with the anticipation that I would try to get DukesDad to check it out. Not at all what I expected. Would I use it? Maybe in the dead of a MN winter, which means that I will keep my eye on them to see if they go forward with putting one in MN. For the rest of the year, I really enjoy getting outside, and even their 2.5 acre outside doesn't thrill me. Now, I saw doggie water park!!!!! I could change my mind. The place sounds more like a Doggie day camp than a dog park, but that's my impression. Like I said, I enjoy the outdoors and the 10-40 acre dog parks here. 20 below zero or heavy thunderstorms, maybe???

$7.50 for the full day is awful cheap. Doggie Daycare costs $25/day minimum and that is not with an overnight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It will be a great place when the Texas summer heat starts rearing it's ugly head!!

HersheyK's dad, the 7.50 is only for your dog to come with you and experience the place, I don't believe it includes doggie daycare services where you could leave the dog and come back. You're right though, that would be awfully cheap if it was, even for the Dallas area. I'm very excited to hear about this dog water park though!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'd use it like a shot. It's hard work traipsing to our local dog park with two labs and a toddler, then having to stand out in the sun in the miniscule little area the council calls a dog park, constantly grabbing my toddler who keeps almost falling in bits of poop left around by inconsiderate owners and picking up pebbles and putting them in her mouth. And more than half the time the dogs come home filthy muddy because the drainage is so bad. Yep, I'd love an indoor air conditioned place with a cafe.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
oh yeah I would.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I would use something like that, definitely. What a great idea! :)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I think this idea will probably franchise and spread throughout the country. The Dallas facility will certainly pack them in when the summer heat hits. I really think it would really be a success up north with really long snowed in winters. OK the dogs may love the snow but I bet you humans up there would like a nice warm place to exercises your pack when it's below zero.
To me it would be worth the price because it's patrolled.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
If they bring one up to Minnesota and it is not to far of a drive, I would give it a try. I think my dogs would rather be in the outside environment . $10 a day for 2 dogs is pretty **** cheap!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
No pit bulls are allowed.
Poor pits. :(

What a beautiful place and only $7.50/day! Wow, I'd take my guys there in a second! :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I would definitely go there! Especially during the heat of summer - hopefully they'll put one of these in Austin.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Poor pits. :(
Heard on the news in Dallas, awhile back, that when they did the premier opening a couple of pits were there and got into a fight, so from then on out they decided no pits. Sucks that a few ruined it for the others.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts