Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just counted the number of toys Amber has and wondered if other people have more or less toys?
Here is the breakdown of where and how many.
Offical toy basket had 48 stuffed toys
8 toys were at or near her bed in the den
14 toys were in my bedroom 8 of which were under the bed 2 were under a chair and 4 were on the bed
1 toy (a squirl kong) is outside
12 toys were in the living room 10 were under the couches 2 are proudly on display in the middle of the room
7 toys are in the ER awaiting emergency surgery for various rips and tears.
I forgot 2 toys in the crate in the SUV.

Thats a grand total of 92 current toys. There have been many that didn't make it through surgery and went to the great dumpster in the yard.

Do I have too many ? Am I weird? Is Amber spoiled?

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Sounds about right! My living room is so full of toys that sometimes I have a hard time walking thru it without stepping on a toy..lol

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Yup, sounds just about right to me!

Henery has a toybox FULL of stuffies, squeaky balls, EggBabies, Hide-A-Squirrel/Bird/Bees, as well as assorted tennis and rubber balls in the car.

I often have to "clean out" his toybox and rotate his toys. ::)

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
By comparison, Puff may be either a deprived or a retarded Lab, perhaps both?

She has a Teddy bear which she sometimes carries from room to room at home. (Another one resides in the car and she'll often take it with her as she migrates from front to back seat to front, etc.)

We keep some baseballs and softballs in the car's trunk to use around 2 PM when we play our daily "bowling for potty" outside on the sidewalk. Then there are her 2" X 12" vinyl training dummies which also stay in the trunk until used on our early morning hour offleash walk in the nature preserve.

She's been given some squeaky toys by others and she doesn't like them so they're somewhere on some floor, unused. Last Christmas someone gave her a plastic thingy with a large diameter short rope attached; when I handed it to her, she grabbed it briefly and then dropped it with an expression on her face of "what in the world do you expect me to do with this?"

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
I'm a little embarrassed, but Baloo has approx. three shopping bags FULL of toys.

umm.. yah he's four weeks old, and we don't bring him home for another month.. :-[

at least I'm prepared right!? (and the count will probably grow awaiting his homecoming... oh jeez!) ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Mickey's funny like Puff too; he's very specific about which toys he likes. There are about 15 or so toys that I've bought him that he just pushes aside everytime he goes into his toy basket. In fact, he'd rather play with the basket than these toys. The Canvas man-shaped thing is a big flop, the big rubber tire was a huuuge flop, the two oversized tennis toys on a rope, the purple floppy frisbee, the "Is that Me I Smell" pillow thing...the list goes on.

Now, ask me how many of the kid's toys he just can't seem to get enough of, or how many of his doggy friend's toys he's stolen (from next door and down the street) and you'd be amazed. He can't play with the kid's stuff because it isn't sturdy enough and potentially a choking hazard for him, but I'll go out and buy the EXACT same toys for him that he's stolen from Teddy or Stitches, and he shows no interest in them at all. If I give them to the other dogs as replacement, the next time we go over for a play date, he'll be trying to sneak them home again. ::)

In all, he's got about 5 different 'Nyla' chew bones, 10 different stuffed toys in various stages of unstuffed, three tugs, I have no idea how many tennis balls, two chuck-its, two frisbees, a cuddly pillow, several of my socks stuffed with shredded old towels, his old blankie, three retrieving ducks, a big canvas ball, the stuff I mentioned above, and three types of Kongs. (we actually stuff the blue one that you can see in an xray, because he kept chewing through the red and black). I've never counted them, but I go through them from time to time and remove the toys that have had enough, and then add more.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
If mine didn't destroy immediately upon getting toys they probably would have as many - if not more. The only toys that are in the toy boxes consist of nylabones, orbee balls, tuffies - things there are almost indestructable. They just get so much please out of destfuffing.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
We have 0 stuffies because Emma or Aidan has de-stuffed them all. There are 2 geese honkers left, that they are allowed to play with under supervision only.
There are 3-4 good pool toys that they are not allowed to play with except when in the pool.

Then there are probably 6-7 balls, rope pulls, frisbees-nope no frisbee left, Emma trashed it, assorted Kongs.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Crockett has so many ...I do not want to count because it might freak me out! Most of the stuffed ones are put up and he can only have under supervision ( eats and destroys them) He is so spoiled, I have some that I have not even given him from Christmas...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Counting nyla bones , stuffed toys , balls , squeky toys, at least 100>> on rainy days my living room and hallway are wall to wall toys. Spoiled I guess :p Near Christmas time I sort a lot of them out, she is real good withh her toys and they look new, I pack a lotof them up and take them to our local animal shelter so the poor creatures will have a Christmas toy to play and sleep with, they really appreciate this at the shelter..it is sort of a gift from Mercedes to those less fortunate than she is.My wish is always for them to get a good home and that the next year will find them opening up their own toys from their "parents" and not from Mercedes.God Bless each and every one of them.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
I haven't actually counted, but Brigetta has a huge basket of toys in the family room, one in the bedroom, a basket of nylabones, a basket of balls, and then there are the toys that she is only allowed to have when she is being supervised.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Of toys that they can actually get to - outside is a small rubber tyre and a black kong. Inside is a nylabone and a red kong. They play tug-o-war with their bed blankets sometimes. Everything else is only given while I am actively watching because they are Disciples of Destruction. I once gave them a treat ball (full of treats) to play with while I was on the phone. By the time I was off the phone they'd caved the side of it in.

G

·
two big rope's, one small rope, a kong, a puzzle ball, and many many tenisballs ...

And i have for my self this, so you dont have to touch those dirty balls! ;D

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
If mine didn't destroy immediately upon getting toys they probably would have as many - if not more.
Ditto. Buying stuffies and other easily destroyable toys would be a BIG waste of money in my house.

Toys that they DO have...lets see. Jolly Balls are the favorites. They stay outside. Kongs of course. We also have some Buster Cubes lying around somewhere. Kong on a rope. Several balls on a rope. TONS of tennis and rubber balls. Footballs, a few tuggy ropes and that is about it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts