Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother sent me this lastnight. Him and his friend went driving around and found one of the ones that lives around here. From my understanding there are 2.. but heres one in this picture..

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apollopuppy said:
wow! Is it albino? I've never seen nor heard of a white deer before.
I know for sure the one out by the river is.. This one I dont know. Hes a lot smaller than the other one by the river. I saw this one last year and my brother told me I was crazy.. He must have a HOME in this area because this is the same spot I saw him last year.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
We have someone that lives around here that raises them. It is really strange to drive down a US highway and see herds of white deers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Now I am on a mission to spot the albino deer in our woods that the neighbor's have seen. They told me that they saw one early in the morning but I did not take it to serious. I do know there are deer in our woods because I have seen their tracks. Gosh it would be very neat to see this!!!!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i have seen one before along the turnpike. i had to do a double take because i thought it was a goat. it was beautiful to see.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
We have one that lives here on our area. :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Funny, I went to visit my nephew today and there is an albino deer around where they live. I haven't managed to see it yet.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
wow...very cool. I've never seen one!

When we were in Alaska we saw some Sitka white tailed dear..(i think thats the right name) and they were smaller than a lab, full grown! Tiny little things....but i never saw a white one.
I agree...it's a good omen 8)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Well, they'll be easier to see at night when they're crossing the roads, so I'm all for it. ;D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Matsuro said:
The parents deers must be related or something because I have never seen a white deer and they are never really talked about in nature shows.
I've heard of them before. There are probably many more of them now surviving to adulthood since there are few predators for deer. They do not blend in like the normally pigmented deer (obviously) and would be easily picked off when there were lots of natural predators in the woods.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I live in Northern Wisconsin and so far in my life I have seen two out in the wild. First one was so close on the side of the road we could see its pink eyes and nose. The other we saw was in Boulder Junction, WI. they are fairly common up in that area, many sitings each year. They were both 100% albino's. By my house we also have deer called pibalds( I could be spelling that wrong), they are normal color deer with white markings on them, very cool to see.
I feel very lucky to have seen the albinos, not many people get as lucky as us to see them out in the wild.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts