Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be petty, but I have a co-worker who will bring yogurt, sour cream, or maynoise based things for lunch and she doesn't refridgerate them...it drives me crazy! She probably leaves for work around 7:30 am and eats lunch at 1. I guess it's safe, she's never gotten sick. She also keeps expired spray salad dressing in her desk drawer and uses it. I really have issues on those days! She's always offering these things to me, and I always tell her no because I don't eat warm yogurt! I really have issues on those days! I don't know why it's bothering me so much today. I'm going to blame it on PMS...everything is getting on my nerves today. I'll admit that I'm one of those people who checks expiration and use by dates all the time.
How many hours will you let food sit out before throwing it out?

R

·
0 Posts
I like warm yogurt! & Mayo wouldn't go bad that fast, The spray dressing is a bit gross though. I wouldn't offer my lunch to anyone, I'm starving by the time lunch comes. My lucnh sits in my lunch can under my desk until lunch cause I hate when the coldness of the fridge makes my bread soggy. Everyones different. I don't go by expirey dates, I go by smell.

:)

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I don't let it sit out if it gets warm I throw it out. Especially something mayo, or dairy based they spoil to easy.

Our office is in a building with other companies but we share a break room. Well the other companies have food delivered for lunch M-Th. Most of it is weird food that I wouldn't touch and most of the time there is tons of food left. No one puts it away though it sits back there open from noon when it's delivered until at least 6:30 when the cleaning crew gets here and throws it away. Sometimes my boss and one coworker will go get some of it if there is a bunch left (they told us we could) but there is no way after it's been sitting there for a few hours I would eat it. They haven't gotten sick but no thanks.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Who are you because we must work in the same office! LOL. One of my co-workers does this AND she lets her food go bad in the community fridge. DISGUSTING. And she eats the grossest things, leaves their containers open in the fridge so things leak and stink up the place. But to answer your question-I don't take food out unless I'm going to eat it right then. Yogurt, cheeses, milk, etc. get consumed immediately and if I bring it to work to have for lunch it goes in the fridge (well contained so it doesn't get contaminated by the coworker's funk).

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Probably long enough to gross you out!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Warm yogurt? :-X
I have my own little fridge in my office and it's MINE ALL MINE! ;D

*goes to check what's in there*
Eek, week old mac n' cheese, a block of monteray jack cheese, and a 1/2 iced tea that's about a month old. :-\

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Ooo preachin' to the choir here baby! :eek:

MAYO based stuff? She brings it in in the morning and doesn't eat till lunch?? Oh. My. Gosh.

Well, maybe she has built up a tolerance. ::)

A better question for me is how many MINUTES will I let it sit out. :p And yes, one of my biggest things is checking expiration dates. For anything that goes in any mouth at my home, it is never even one day out of date!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Proteins begin to break down so quickly...and mayonnaise stuff? forget it... I'm a nut about not letting food sit out and when in doubt i throw it out!

·
Registered
21,482 Posts
:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

I am an expiry date, proper treatment, refrigerate at all times FANATIC

I should be on the expiry police. I don't care if it's only 1 day, doesn't smell bad etc... OUT IT GOES - IMMEDIATELY

okay - rant over

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
clanceycanuck said:
:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

I am an expiry date, proper treatment, refrigerate at all times FANATIC

I should be on the expiry police. I don't care if it's only 1 day, doesn't smell bad etc... OUT IT GOES - IMMEDIATELY

okay - rant over
my daughter is the same way..."Smell this milk, Mom".... ::)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts