Just Labradors banner

How long can you sleep before they bug you enough to make you get up?

• <5 hrs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-7 hrs

• 8-10 hrs

• 10+ hrs

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about your pups. Mine pretty much get up with the sun. As soon as it gets light in the room they won't stop whinning and pawing at me, and of course there is bitey face going on. Of course it doesn't matter to them if we went to bed at 9:00 pm or 1:00 am. Maybe I need to black out my windows, ha ha ha ;) Also let me know if your dogs sleep in the bed with you as I am curious if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Mine's up at 6:00 am (the clock's set for 6:15). Yes, he sleeps in the bed, but jumps off, and stands by my side, starting a low whine, then louder, while backing up, to let me know.....HEY, IT'S BREAKFAST TIME! ::)

Forgot to add...I get 7-8 hours sleep a night, depending on what time I get to bed.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Mine sleep downstairs with the doors shut so they don't have a chance to wake me. ;) I only sleep around 6-7 hours a night though.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Our guys go to sleep and get up when we do. I guess we are pretty lucky?

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
My dogs are fine ,it's my aging bladder that wakes me up. I normally sleep 7 hours and never sleep in on the weekends. My girls can hear when my eyelids open, so the minute I wake they're up.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
We have (mostly) trained ours to get up when the alarm goes off. It took many early mornings of ignoring very annoying whining, but eventually they got the hint that no one was going to get up until the alarm went off. Once it goes off, however, all hell breaks loose in the bedroom!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Lexi normally goes 8 or so hours. As for her getting up, it is usually when the alarm goes off, though the exception to this is the weekends when she normally wakes me between 6:00 & 6:30 to go out.

She sleeps on a dog bed by my bed. She's never shown any interest in wanting to be in my bed, except when I am making it. Then she gets up to roll around on it to mess it up some.

G

·
At exactly 5:22 A.M. Merlot starts barking and won't shut up til I let him out of his crate. Of course this also wakes up Zoey, so she will whine softly, but not bark. If I go to bed at 9:30 I get 8 hours of sleep, but I usually go to bed at Midnight, so I only get 5 hours a night most of the time :mad:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Anne said:
Our guys go to sleep and get up when we do. I guess we are pretty lucky?
That was Shadow, too. She'd let me sleep late on weekends, just do a little "humphing" and sighing occasionally to let me know SHE was awake. ;)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
We have Dakota and Kelly in our master bathroom..just 10 feet up the little hallway from our bedroom..they can see the lower half of our bed. Once the sun is up..one or both will start whining around 7ish..most times we just let them out..and TRY to go back to bed after we let them back in..most times Dakota now wants his food..so..I'm usually up with him anywhere from 7:15 to 7:30.
Jackie

G

·
About 8th hours ...

Then she jump on me, and she wants food food food ...

And after the food, a quick walk for doing her stuff, and then sleeping again! ;D

·
Registered
85 Posts
how many hours do i LET my dog sleep?? the question should be how many hours does the he let ME sleep haha. he is up between 5am and 6am every day. before i got him, i could sleep however long i wanted. boy oh boy. he is only 10 months so i guess i should expect that, but he doesn't sleep much at all! he does this subtle whine to wake me...and when i resist that it evolves into a small snort and a mini-hi-pitched bark, then if i can ignore that he starts jumping on me. so fun :-\

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Lucy and Cricket are ready for bed around 9-10 pm and often will go and put themselves to bed (crates in our bedroom).
Lucy starts pestering us to get up around 4:45 am by raking her paw on the metal crate.. SU generally gets up at 5 am...I used to get up early but now I stay in bed until 6-6:30 am. Once in a while especially in the winter, Lucy will not bother us until around 6 or so on the weekends.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I have to tell Cinnamon to get her labby butt out of bed unless she has slept 10 hours or more. She skips breakfast if I try to feed her kibble but will eventually eat her raw frozen patty. She is not food motivated and she loves to sleep.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Annie would let us sleep for god only knows how long. Sally....now she's a different story. She might fall asleep around 9 or 10:00, but if one of us starts doing something....maybe goes out to the car to get something.....or fixes a snack....she's right up and in the middle of it all. And she'll only sleep until about 5:30 or 6:00...then it's whining to get out of her crate and into bed with us.

As soon as hubby opens the crate door, she's right up in bed curled up beside my head. And if I don't wake up and love her...scratch her....rub her belly....that huge paw is reminding me of my morning duty. "Hey, aren't you forgetting something here?" ;D

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
They get up when the alarm goes off. Rider usually waits until I stir...but Rookie hears it and about 2 minutes later, he lets out a loud exasperated YAWN. If I don't move it's followed by a sharp little bark. *turd*

·
Registered
127 Posts
All 3 are up at the butt-crack of dawn. But, once they inhale their breakfast they'll pass out again for a few hours.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Brigetta gets up between 5 & 6. She'll come over and start licking my face. If I'm not ready to get up, she'll chew on her bone for a while. Prudence would sleep in until 10 if I let her. I feed them at 6, then they both go back to bed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts