Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know? ???

Henry has had soft, jello-y poo twice today. He had prepackaged raw plus a spoonful of tripe last night for dinner, and chicken leg quarters/turkey hearts/turkey liver for breakfast this morning... all of which he's had before. ???

Can tripe go off? We're almost at the bottom of our thawed container...?

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
How long have you had it? I defrost the 2 pound container enough that I can divide it and put the rest back in the freezer. I keep it in the refrig for about a week before it is totally gone.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely more than a week... probably closer to two? :-X

I buy the frozen packages that are a pound each, thaw it completely and Henry gets a heaping tablespoonful 3x a week.

How much/often do you give to Caleb?

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
henrysmom said:
How much/often do you give to Caleb?
I give Caleb about a tablespoon five times a week. I never let it go quite that long. It's usually a week or so.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ugh!! Poor Henry! :-X

Thanks Susan!! It's going into the trash as we speak!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yellow Boys Mom said:
How long have you had it? I defrost the 2 pound container enough that I can divide it and put the rest back in the freezer. I keep it in the refrig for about a week before it is totally gone.
Susan so the tripe is ok if I freeze it again?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Many of the meats that you buy at the grocery store have been frozen and unfrozen a few times....it will be fine.

·
Registered
412 Posts
FallRiver said:
Many of the meats that you buy at the grocery store have been frozen and unfrozen a few times....it will be fine.
Well, that is going to make my life easier. I ordered 30lb chunk of tripe ::)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
I have defrosted and re-frozen lots of Caleb's stuff. I buy in bulk and with just one dog at the moment, could not possibly use it all at one time.

One more note--I don't feed anything that has been in the refrig for two weeks. I don't for us and don't for Caleb.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Two weeks....eek :eek:
Boy, that would be just crawling with bacteria :p ;D

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*hurk* :-X

I'm killing him!!! :-[ I'm a bad BAD raw Mom!!

Poor Henery.

His next package (it's only a pound) I partially defrosted, divvied up into 4 tupperware containers and refroze 3.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
henrysmom said:
His next package (it's only a pound) I partially defrosted, divvied up into 4 tupperware containers and refroze 3.
Good, that sounds better!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
;D

He's having nice hard poos now!!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Poop is VERY important. ;)