Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for you dog to get worn out from land play. Not water play. I'm talking long distant fetching. This is mostly for dogs over 5 yrs of age. Koko seems to get worn out after 10-15 minutes. She can go a lot longer in the water. Just wondering if that was normal.

·
Registered
457 Posts
max isn't over 5 ......he just turned 2 but i swear he could go 24 hours a day .................nothing seems to tire that boy out ................

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
I think I would check with the vet. Ernie is 8 and if it is at home or he is bored about 5-10 mins is his lot. He seems to be able to find an unbundance of engery if he is somewhere new.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, that is how koko is...if we are at the river she can go go go. I might add Koko does have mild hip displasia and arthritis and bad knees. I guess she is just aging...and I hate that.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
I think I would still ask the vet next time. Ernie has severe joint issues so I don't let him jump or frisbee type games all the time. Sometimes he has to be a dog, and is very sore later so for a couple of days I rest him. Swimming is the best thing for their joints if they aren't good. Koko could be a little sore too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts