Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to cut Popcorn's nails yesterday. Being a corgi, she HATES anyone touching her feet. :rolleyes: Even though I've played with her feet every day since I got her, cutting her nails is still a chore.

She stayed mad at me all day yesterday. I would call her name, and she'd look at me and turn in the other direction. When I was giving out treats, she wouldn't come and get hers. She normally comes into our room and sleeps under the bed - last night, she slept by the front door. She finally jumped up on the bed this morning, but she didn't do her usual lick and make me rub her belly like she normally does. She's coming around, but she's still a little upset at me. If I try to pet her, she's still skittish and backs away. You'd think I absolutely tortured her yesterday!

The others put out their paws and don't fight me at all. I wish she would learn a lesson from them, but this is our only problem with her so I suppose I'll take it. I can always let the vet be the bad guy for a few dollars! lol

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Sammi hates having her nails done. It takes two people to do it. One person to hold her down and one person to dremel. However, a fraction of a second after we're finished, she loves us madly again.

Holly is the exact opposite. It's easy to do her nails because she's so terrified that she just freezes up completely. She wont' move a muscle. But once I'm finished, she won't come near me for the remainder of the day. She hides and won't even come when I call her. She'll go to everyone else....just not me.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Sadie only hates us if we clean her ears or even mention the word!! She will let us clean them...then the second we are done she RUNS like a freak through the house and then lays down. Then the pouting starts.

·
Registered
21,482 Posts
Clancey doesn't get mad, he gets standoffish after being yelled at.

Harper - doesn't understand the concept of mad/silent treatment/ typical golden

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Yea, what Colin said. My 3 have never "been mad" or anything like that. I'm surprised to read these posts!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Wait, I lied!! Frankie is spiteful - does that count? :)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brees can't stay mad either. I could do anything to her, and the second I stop, she'd roll over for a belly rub or bring her ball to me to play fetch. She wags her tail non-stop. :) As long as you have hands to pet her or throw her a ball, she is your best friend even if she just met you.

Casey is starting to become the same way. I really think she was mistreated at her previous home, because she was skittish for a long time. She wouldn't even play for the longest time. Now her and Brees love playing "soccer" with us/each other. She is definitely Jakob's dog though. She loves him like crazy, and she is around him every second he's at home.

Popcorn is a little diva dog. She wants a ton of attention, she usually thinks she has to get the first treat, she just has "little dog syndrome". If we raise our voice to the kids, she barks at us. She fights us on her nail trimmings and she isn't too fond of her baths. She will only do tricks when she feels like it. She can do them all - she's just stubborn. She is also very affectionate, she's the first one to try to cheer you up when you're feeling down, she stays right by your side when you're sick, and she is cute as a button. :) When she gets mad, she's a little drama queen though.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Don't think Sammi has ever been mad at any of the family! Even though she doesn't like having her ears cleaned, she tolerates. Once its done her tail is wagging like crazy!!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
HK gets mad at me, hates me, and it could go on forever. Unless I put the dremel or earwash bottle away. As soon as I do that, she is my friend again.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Mine don't get mad at me, but it's like torturing whirling dervishes to trim their nails. We have a vet appointment for 2:30 pm today for their heartworm checks, shots, etc. and I am going to have them do it.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I could beat my two senseless, break their legs , disembowel then and they would still wag their tails to tell me that they love me !
That's about what it's like here - although Emilu can sit in a corner and pout if she's thinks I'm going to "do" something to her, if I bring some food out, she forgives me instantly :D

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I could beat my two senseless, break their legs , disembowel then and they would still wag their tails to tell me that they love me !
Nellie too.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Mine don't get mad at me, but it's like torturing whirling dervishes to trim their nails. We have a vet appointment for 2:30 pm today for their heartworm checks, shots, etc. and I am going to have them do it.
Sammi has a regular appt. at the groomer for her nails- its just so much easier- and she loves the groomer- so its a win, win for me and her!

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Never had the Labs "mad" at me - if it happens I can't imagine it would last beyond the next mealtime.

My shepherd on the other hand could hold a grudge like you would not believe.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Fannie and Eddie don't stay mad at me at all.

We couldn't trim JJ's nails if we tried and I have tried and tired. BUT, we had him groomed last year and he came back almost bald and he was not happy with us at all. I think it was because he didn't have any hair to hide behind! Windsor, we just leave him alone - at 14.5 YO, we are happy he is breathing! I make sure his nails don't get too long, otherwise we let him sleep...

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I wouldn't say they get mad at me, but they definitely pout! In fact Abby is pouting right now because I took her outside and didn't play ball...instead I zoom groomed her/brushed her out really good.

Molly is pouting because I tried to clean the two boo-boo's she has under her arms from her sense-ation harness (I should probably call them about that). I can't blame her for that one though, they look pretty painful.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts