Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that Harley can go head to head playing with a 100 lb American Terrier at the park this morning, yet run from a Yorkie? I was so embarrassed for him, it wasn't even funny... :)

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Does he have all of his shots? Until the full series is in him, he should not be playing with strange dogs. I did not think he was that old yet.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He has a visit with the vet on the 2nd of July and that should finish him up. I'm afraid I have to confess to being weak willed. You see, mommy and daddy are kind of suckers for another pretty face (or ugly here) and a chorus of 'What a beautiful dog!' ;) They weren't really doing anything other than playful barking, so we didn't discourage it too much. If it had progressed beyond that, I think I would have stepped in.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I will admit I like to socialize my pups early. As soon as they have there second shot I am in puppy class and visiting places where they will meet new people and dogs. Otherwise you miss some critical learning stages.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I will admit I like to socialize my pups early. As soon as they have there second shot I am in puppy class and visiting places where they will meet new people and dogs. Otherwise you miss some critical learning stages.
Sure - I don't disagree with you - but I would take care to do that with known dogs who are safe.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Milly isn't a fan of small yappy dogs. I don't blame Harley from running from the Yorkie if it had a bad attitude.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Have you ever seen a Chihuahua beating up a GSD? It's not a pretty sight! :D
Hahahaha, no, but I have seen our Boston, puttin the smackdown on the two labs...:D and my boys dont like sharp yippy yappy sounding dogs...(our boston sounds like she has a speech impediment she "murfs")..:eek:

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer is the same. Yesterday we were at my MIL's house, and Bauer wanted to play with the Old English Sheep Dog next door, but ran from the Sheep Dog's Yorkie sister. A couple hours later he was scared to death of hubby's aunt's Shih-Tzu. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
My cock-a-poo was the head of the pack (within the dogs) when I was living with my parents ... the other two dogs were 55lbs and 85lbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts