Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Find the hole in the ground that is one millimeter larger than a tennis ball! I was making my coffee and looked out the kitchen window to see Sam standing out by our jacuzzi. He was just standing there, and every so often would look around and sniff the air. I figured he was just hanging out. But after about five minutes, he had not left that spot so I went to check it out. There was a drainage hole in the concrete, perfectly tennis ball sized. It went down about 6 or 8 inches then curved away. I could barely make out the edge of a tennis ball, tucked around that curve (of course ::) ). In our half acre yard, he managed to find the one place that was nearly impossible to get to and could cause drainage problems. With two pairs of tongs, one very long chef's knife, about a half hour of patience, and two fuzzy heads poked into my line of vision to check on my progress, I became Sam's hero and extracted his beloved tennis ball. :)

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
:laugh: :laugh: You gotta love 'em. I love the description of your helpers during what I'm sure was a very frustrating extraction of a tennis ball.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Awwww, what good helpers you have! ;) "Mom, is it out yet?? Do you have it?? Where's my ball? Is it still stuck??"

Monkeys!!

M

·
0 Posts
I love it when my husband tells me it's my turn to throw the tennis ball ......
I throw it where he NEVER throws it - he says ......

1. that's because it's full of POISON OAK over there!
2. It WILL get stuck in those trees and NEVER come down! (and she won't leave you alone until you go and get it down)
3. It's REALLY muddy and dirty down there and she WILL need a bath because she WILL stink!

PS. I have poison oak right now! :p

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
So sorry but I am LOLing over that dainty little scene, especially the fuzzy faces in your line of vision and you armed to the eyes with kitchen implements. :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
bibber said:
Find the hole in the ground that is one millimeter larger than a tennis ball! I was making my coffee and looked out the kitchen window to see Sam standing out by our jacuzzi. He was just standing there, and every so often would look around and sniff the air. I figured he was just hanging out. But after about five minutes, he had not left that spot so I went to check it out. There was a drainage hole in the concrete, perfectly tennis ball sized. It went down about 6 or 8 inches then curved away. I could barely make out the edge of a tennis ball, tucked around that curve (of course ::) ). In our half acre yard, he managed to find the one place that was nearly impossible to get to and could cause drainage problems. With two pairs of tongs, one very long chef's knife, about a half hour of patience, and two fuzzy heads poked into my line of vision to check on my progress, I became Sam's hero and extracted his beloved tennis ball. :)
That's funny, I was outside in our street last week, throwing the ball around for our Sami. It got so soaked from her slobber that I began to kick it around for her to fetch. I kicked it and it bounced and rolled all the way across the street and hit a curb, bounced and rolled right into one of those drainage holes that drain from peoples back yards into the gutter. A hair larger than the tennis ball and sure enough it rolled on in. She was so confused.. "dad what happened to my ball" she tried to help and stick her snout in to get it but just pushed it back farther. A long screwdriver and some time got it out.. crazy...

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
they did it on purpose just to watch you work for their own entertainment. they were probably laughing on the inside and acted all grateful, so you'll do it again the next time.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Funny! I could just picture your "helpers" too. ;D

Mocha said:
PS. I have poison oak right now! :p
:eek: That can't be fun. :(

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That's funny! :D

If this took place at our house Jake would just put the ball back down in the same hole again!!! He loves (and I mean LOVES) to put his tennis ball in a hard to get to place so he has to work at getting to it. Good thing we dont have a drainage pipe like that cause he would be throwing a FIT when he realized he couldn't get it out!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts