Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this day and age you call me from a number with no valid exchange and offer me a lower interest rate on my credit card, but you don't know my name or which company my card is with and expect me to actually speak with you???

258-000-3256 Unknown is what showed on the caller ID.

The call went like this...

Please state your full name and tell me what is your card number, expiration date and security code.

Which card are you calling about?

Which ones do you have?

Can you tell me the name of your company?

Card Services

I have no cards through that company.

That's fine we just need your information to lower your interest rate.

Well did you want mine or my husband's?

What is your husband's full name?

Shouldn't you already know that if you're calling me?

Oh that's ok, my boss has that name.

May I speak to your boss?

Hello did you have a question?

No. I just wanted you to know that while your a$$hole friend was on the phone with me I Googled this number and Card Services and confirmed this is a scam.

Click.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Sounds very much like the one I got a few days ago. Did the person speak with aan east Indian accent? At least the people that called me knew the card company. Thet kept assuring me though that they did not want my social security number or the security number on the back of the card.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All of my banks/card company names show on the caller ID. This one said unknown and the fact that it had 000 for an exchange struck me as odd.

I didn't mean to insinuate that falling for this type of thing means anything. In hindsight it does sound insulting and that was not my intention.

It's just that scams are so prevalent, these days, I'm leery of anyone calling, especially if they are only asking for info and not giving any up.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I appreciate you mentioning this, we never get calls like this- not sure if its because we have don't have a land-line- and the cell phone are on the do not call list. Either way, I am more concerned about our ageing parents and will be passing this warning on to them- thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.