Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
enter the water?

Belle enters from water level really fast and makes lots of splashes.

But I know some labs who like dive into the water like this:

Belle goes in like this:

So how does yours go in?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Darla has two entries. When she is playing alone in the backyard she will go in the pond ankle deep the just push off. Once in she will use her fron paws to spalsh and splash trying to catch the water drops.

When we are fetching she takes the flying leap and from ground level gets out about 10 feet. Always wandered if she would do good at one of the splach events.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Rowan hasn't been 'in' water yet. She was only a wee pupper when we first got snow. Things are slowly melting here so hopefully soon she'll be out exploring the H20!

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
great entry!! :D

zoe is usually w/a splash or very gingerly tip-toeing in..this is the splash method

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It depends on how deep the water is ;)

Or she jumps, or she just walks relaxed the water in 8)

But latley the jumping in to the water part is a favo thing to do over here :)

Or running through water, she also like's to do! 8)

But just the plane old fashion way of swimming is just the most fun part! ;D

And swimming ... as far the lake reaches! :-X

She does some time's actually swims in to the middle of the lake, leaving me behind with a hart attack! :-\

Or jumping and humping in the water is also fun to do for a Labrador ;D

Do you want more picture's !? ???

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Ernie dives. He then goes underwater and swims underwater to collect sticks. Sometimes all you can see are the pads of his feet.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Bess would take a running leap, soar through the air 20+ feet, and hit the water with a great splash; she emerged from the geyser swimming swiftly.

Puff slowly wades in most of the time, but for a last retrieve she sometimes runs and enters with a big splash (no leaping, though).

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Well, apollo looks at the water, then turns around and runs as fast as he can in the OPPOSITE direction, apollo hates the water. ::)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bob Pr. said:
Puff slowly wades in most of the time, but for a last retrieve she sometimes runs and enters with a big splash (no leaping, though).
Pretty much how Belle goes in ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Gracie is a bit of a nut...she loves the water and will just about drag me down the road to the boat slip. I just let her go now (as long as there are no boats coming in/out of the slip) and she runs like a bat out of hell. Just before she gets to the water, she skids to a stop and then tiptoes into the water. I have tried to get her to dive off the dock, but she runs the long way off the dock to the slip and tiptoes into the water...silly dog!! No dock diving here!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Casey runs into the lake splashing madly, porpoises once the water is up to shoulder height and then starts swimming when it's over her head. If she's entering from a dock rather than the lakeshore, she runs to the end of the dock and takes a flying leap through the air. I think she really tries to make as big and impressive of a splash as possible. lol She's really looking forward to the ice going off our lake! ;D

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Looking at the pics I posted again... Elias makes it 1/2 way across our pool which is pretty wide.
He would be an awesome dock diving dog.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WeHeartLabs said:
Looking at the pics I posted again... Elias makes it 1/2 way across our pool which is pretty wide.
He would be an awesome dock diving dog.
I bet he would, from looking at those pics! ;D
I wish Belle would like jump in, but instead she runs really fast making splashes lol.
Do you think she will jump in as she gets older?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts