Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Rooster is not one that belongs here, the landlords only had one and it's little. This is a big one and he held me hostage on the picnic table yesterday. I was eating lunch and he pecked at my shoe. We went to walk the dogs at Mid last night, he was roosting on the cat carrier on the poorch we had to go out the other door. Then this morning Mom was looking at the flowers I hear her scream he attacked her. She ran to the porch and stopped and he got her again. The landlord thinks he was dropped off here, because he was mean. I swear I'm about to give Brodie a freebie.

T

·
0 Posts
can you eat a rooster? If so I would fry is little but up for dinner...hehehe ;D J/K

Maybe you can catch him in the cat carrier and take him somene else and drop him off.

J

·
0 Posts
chop head off, place in boiling water for a few minutes, remove feathers, wash, season, place it in showtime rotisserie, set it and forget it, carve, eat. Rooster all gone.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Roosters can be mean, that's for sure! Short of removing him or making him feel very unwelcome (via being a dog toy), there may not be much you can do.

Chicken dinner?

J

·
0 Posts
Here is a pic of my rooster (It really is! SU and I buy chickens every year and raise them on my FIL's farm). He's really old now.

Cock fight anyone? Place your bets now.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes he crows all morning he is crowing now. You can not walk out there now with him chasing you. Brodie is bred to get rid of pests I swear Foghorn Cleghorn is going to be a chew toy. How long do you give before his squeaker is removed? I'm joking but Andy my landlord thinks he was used in cock fights and thats why is attacking.

B

·
0 Posts
1scottie1labby said:
I swear Foghorn Cleghorn is going to be a chew toy.
OMG that cracked me up!

He's big enough that he might've made a nice chicken dinner. Little *******. They can be so mean.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Slow cooking and dumplings or noodles would be the way to go with an older rooster. ;D Heck if you were closer I'd a helped, a few hours in one of my dutch ovens would have been good. Even got the axe yet in the pick-up and a pot big enough to scald it in the shed. Can you say "Living History Demonstration?" ::)

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Glad you got rid of him. Dad uses a hatchet to get rid of the mean ones. He had one for a while that would not let me or mom in the barn he would chase and peck at you. He didn't do it to dad but he got rid of him anyway.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The spurs of a rooster are so **** painful. Glad he is gone. I housesat for a farm that had a rooster.....lets just say I never left the house without a broom LOL

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I ended up with a very large Tom Turkey a couple of years ago that got mean, he belonged to my BIL, he was about 35 pounds dressed, cooked him like one of my 1880 cook books said to. Boiled him till almost done, but he had to be cut up. When about 3/4 done I dried him off, brushed him with melded butter and finished roastin' him in a hot oven, was very good and my wife and SD would not eat him cause they had known him. His name was Tom. ::) Anyway, I had met him but didn't really like him anyway, so I ate him. ;D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts