Just Labradors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gracie is almost 7 months old and weighs about 50 lbs. My husband says she won't be much larger? Her dad was about 70 lbs and so was her mom. What age do labs grow until?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Gracie is almost 7 months old and weighs about 50 lbs. My husband says she won't be much larger? Her dad was about 70 lbs and so was her mom. What age do labs grow until?
It really depends on the lines. Not just the mom and dad, though they'll give you some rough idea. How big are the littermates? Was she the smallest???

My 7 mos old is also 50#. I don't expect her to top out much over 55# based on the lines. Her mom is 58 or so, and dad is only ~65# (both in performance condition), both barely make height standard. Envy will be slow to mature, no doubt there. I suspect she'll look puppyish until she's at least 3 yo. Anne

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't see all the littermates, but two other females were larger than her. She was def the smaller of the 3. I think Gracie will be slow to mature too. I don't mind if she is on the smaller size, me, my husband, Gracie and sometimes my cat share a full size bed :/

·
Registered
148 Posts
Scupper just turned 7 months and she weighed 60 pounds about 3 weeks ago. Any chance you got Gracie in Ohio? Scupper had two other litter mates also, both were females also and one was black and one was yellow......

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ah, ok.....it was just sounding so like Scupper's litter mates! LOL

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Wow, Daisy is a tank at almost 7 months and around 58 lbs. Her mom was I think in the 70s, and dad I'm guessing is up there! We'll see! Gracie is sooo cute though, what a lovely girl!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I'm not sure how to judge just by looking at a dog to know how big they will be. Cybil's ideal weight was around 82lbs (she was 90) and she was one of the smaller puppies in her litter. Dozer's littermates were all around the same size. Sire was around 90lbs (and not fat) and Dam was around 70lbs. If we average that out Dozer will in theory be 75lbs. Everyone, including my vet, seems to think he's going to be big. I'd be happy with any size really.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dozer looks like he is going to be BIG:) he looks like quite the charachter. Gracie' s mom and dad were about 70 lbs. Don't think she will be to big...we love her no matter what!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts