Just Labradors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & gals,
Please let me know if you might be willing to occasionally help out by going to a shelter or animal control facility to evaluate a Lab for us.

Usually we have less than 48 hours and in some cases, less than 24 hours to get to the dog, evaluate it for our program and come up with a plan for boarding or fostering. And since we all work – as I’m sure do you, we only have a limited numbers of days we can get away without causing problems at our jobs.

We’ll provide you with any coaching you’d need and will never leave you out there to make a decision on your own. In most cases, you’ll just be there to meet the dog, gather info on it and then report back to us. If you’re also available to transport a dog from animal control to a clinic or a boarding facility – please let us know that as well.

Thanks!

This guy is an example of someone you might be able to help. His time was up yesterday but the ACO’s think he’s pretty special because they’re holding for 2 extra days – hoping that he’ll impress someone.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Dina,
I may be able to help out with the transportation but I don't think I could handle the evaluation part. I don't think I could offer a fair evaluation as I would tend to want to take every single dog I met. I really do not know how you do it day in and day out deciding which dogs to pull and I have the greatest admiration for your work and efforts.
I do pass but the main SPCA shelter on Old Katy Rd. everyday on my way home. Maybe I could try to see if I could help you out.
Send me some more info on what you need to [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts