Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone miss me? I feel like I've been gone forever! (It's probably only been a few days, but you know :D )

I have been overcome by house-hunting fever in the most terrible way. Every day I go drive by something I find on realtracs. :p If anyone would like to go look at our current top two:

Go to realtracs.com

It lets you search by county, then put in a street name.

#1: Wilson Co. On the next page put in "Lakeridge" for the street name. The one I like is 4914.

I have always loved Spanish-style architecture. This one is near the lake (another lake besides ours, about 20 minutes away). It's in a very quiet, older neighborhood with a flat one-acre lot that is already fenced (but I would re-do the fence in a different style). It's a really good deal for the money, I think.

#2: Williamson Co. On the next page put in "Forest Trail" for the street name. It's 187 Forest Trail.

This one is on the outskirts of one of the nicest sections in town. Another very quiet, older neighborhood, but this one is all about the woods rather than about the water. It backs up to thick forest. The down side is, you have 1.2 acres, but most of it is wooded. :( The yard for the boys wouldn't even be as big as what we have now. BUT, it has the perfect little room for them downstairs where they could stay during the day. We could put in a doggie door and a small run outside the door. A small fenced area within a larger fence (both of which we'd have to build right away).

I like #1 better. I think. But I haven't seen the inside of either yet. Kevin likes #2 better. So there ya go. :p

The huge duplex across the street from us is finished and has a big ole' honkin' "FOR RENT" sign in the front yard(s). :( And rumor has it the rental next door is about to roll over in June to someone new. Who knows what is getting ready to land in both of those. :-\ So, I'm getting a little nervous.

If it goes well, maybe we could stay another few years and sock back a little more money. But if it doesn't go well, I am busy cooking up a Plan B for a quick exit.

The other bad thing is, there are like ten houses for sale in our neighborhood right now. :-[ That certainly doesn't give a good impression.

Well, here comes Kevin. I just thought I'd give an update if anyone wondered where I'd been. :)

J

·
0 Posts
I missed you Connie! ;D

House hunting is fun! I love to drive around and just look at houses.

I'm enjoying your house searching adventures. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I was just wondering last night what decision you'd made on the overgrown place that you were wavering on . . . what happened to that place? Any listing/pics of that place?

Okay, I checked out your two new places -- I love the long drive way and the entry way to the place you like. My SU would kill to have a pool table in a room set aside for only that. I love the dimensions of the master bedroom and I LOVE the flat one acre -- very cool. A house like that in southern California would go for about $1.5 to $2 million, depending on the neighborhood. If you went WAY inland you might get it for about $400,00 to $500,000.

On Kevin's choice: Is the house on a hill or is that just a weird picture? I love the caption on the pic that says "Forget those expensive firepits! HERE'S A GREAT NATURAL PIT FOR MANY EVENINGS OF FUN ENTERTAINING" Is that a nice way of saying, "Here's where we burn the garbage?" I do like the light in Kevin's house.

I know what you mean about getting house fever -- I was the same way seven years ago -- my SU would laugh because I'd hear the LA Times hit the front porch and I'd be on it in about 40 seconds and would go straight to the real estate section.

Have fun hunting!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Okay, Connie, I feel the real estate fever risin' in me -- dang it!

I got to fiddling around on that website of yours and found these two places . . . wow -- and i love the second one!

First:

http://www.realtracs.com/MediaDisplay.aspx?ListingID=1019470

Second:

http://www.realtracs.com/MediaDisplay.aspx?ListingID=1023738

Not real fond of the valances in the second one, but . . .

Karen

Oh, wait! Decided to visit some of the multimillion dollar properties in Williamson County -- OMgosh -- I have house envy! The homes are stunners -- I'd be happy to live in the barn on one of the properties!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[email protected]! Oh man, those ones you picked look pretty high end too! But yes, I love all your picks! Williamson County is where all the country music stars live 8) Kevin wants to find some land across the street from one of those huge farms and put up our little house so he can look out over their pastures and horses. You know they'd be saying, "OH MAN, there goes the neighborhood..." :p

Katherine, we are actually seriously considering a move. I don't know if we'll end up doing anything right away, but I am enjoying looking. And the more I look, the more dissatisfied I become with our neighborhood. :-\ Ours was so nice when we moved in, but it seems to be a "transitional" neighborhood. People move in, live for five years and leave. There are only a handful of us who have been here since Kevin and I moved in.

$300K is about the top we can afford. That probably doesn't sound like a lot to you Californians, but it's, oh, I guess it's about average here. I was just saying the other night, I wish we had lived in California for a few years and come back here. You guys need to move to TN and buy your own ZIP code. :D

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
glad to see you back! :) i was starting to wondering where you were.
looking forward to seeing more posts about the adventures of angus and simon, and more new photos, too, since you got that nifty new digital camera. ;D

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Karen, I just looked up the ones you picked out...Thompsons Station and Eagleville. Good choices! That's where a lot of folks are moving to get more for their $$ and be away from the city. It looks really nice out there!

Too far away for us, though...I am trying to stay within a 30 minute radius of my parents.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Sunjin!

I LOVE the new camera! I have some pictures I need to download of the boys. :) Kevin took some of me and Simon at agility last weekend. I'm off all next week, so I'm sure I'll be boring you all to death with pictures then. :p

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
You should check out Mt. Juliet! They are building like crazy around my Dad's neighborhood. He lives in Brookstone Subdivision.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Allie, I'm on it! ;D I was up there last weekend! You are absolutely right, Mt. Juliet is rockin' out right now. Good value for the money, too. I went to see two, and was so excited about both of them, but each had a weird thing. One had a neighbor whose front door opened onto your backyard ???, and the other one had a shared driveway. I really hated about the second one, because I loved everything else about it!

We're going to keep looking there too though. That's about the right distance from everything for us. :) The Spanish house in this post is kind of on the border of Mt. Juliet, also in Wilson Co.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I knew he lives in Wilson Co., but my area geography is very limited! We drove through an area that loops back to Exit 221 I think? All of my knowledge is based on coming and going on I-40. I saw a ton of nice houses being built. Still kind of country-esque, though, which I liked. I saw a sign that described Mt. Juliet as "the city between the lakes" and I kept asking where the lakes were! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts