Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I took Trooper to the Dog Beach to meet up with his Golden Retriever friend Charley. I noticed when we took them for a bath, afterwards, that Trooper had a cut on his face that was bleeding a tiny bit. Then when I had him in the car it looked like another one. As I looked closer it looks more like a bump (2 of them) on his face under his eye. I just have been hearing a lot about hot spots, but don't know anything about them. Would this be what hot spots are? If so, he probably needs a vet right?

Side note - They had a blast at the beach! It was fun, but I forgot the camera. :(

Thanks for your time!
Laura

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not saying it isn't but usually hot spots appear where the fur is a bit thicker. It does spread quickly so be careful. Put some hydrogen peroxide on it right away - let it dry just a bit and then put some Medicated Gold Bond powder on it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pics and info. Trooper's spots have really seemed to spread all over his neck. We are up in PA for my sister's wedding now, so my uncle just got us Hot Spots medicine from the store. We go back to MD today, so I will call the vet. Boy this sure does spread like everyone said. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts