Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister got a call from the place she keeps her horse, Misty ... she has colic. Fingers and toes crossed please that Misty gets better soon. My sister lost her other horse two years ago and it started as simple colic, but ended up with being an unrepairable twisted bowel. :(

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Good thoughts for Misty and your sister - colic can be scary.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
****. I just got a call from my sister and her horse is not getting any better. She's calling the vet back out to the barn for the 2nd time today. The ONE day my hubby takes my van I need it. She has her 2 month old son with her at the barn. She's not alone there (her friend who owns the place is there) but she asked me to pick up her son, and I can't do it ... only have hubby's little coupe here with no car seats and not enough space for 4 kids. I feel terrible for my sister. :( It's like a horrible dejavu from 2007. :(

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Hoping the Misty will be okay.

I've been lucky with colic, rarely have it and when we do, a shot of Banamine has always taken care of it. (Which I keep on hand in the fridge just in case).

Let us know how Misty is doing.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Man, I'd be hauling that horse off to the clinic. :(

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No news yet except my sister is still with Misty and her husband came and got the baby after work. Her vet is EXCELLENT so I'm sure he will do everything he can.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No news yet, but I'm taking the "no news is good news" approach.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just heard from my sister. She left her horse at 10:30 last night. She wished she could have stayed all night, but she had to get home to her son. Her friend stayed with her horse. It's not looking good for poor Misty - and she's only 13 years old.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Woohoo! She pooped! She's not out of the woods yet, but pooping is good news! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts