Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shadow is still holding her own, no worse but no better. I just checked her eyelids and I *think* they look a little bit pinker. Her poops have been getting lighter in color since this morning, which is also good. I'll post how she's doing in the morning.

g'nite

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Continued good thoughts and prayers for Shadow, and for you!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hang in there Shadow!!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Sleep tight, all of you. I'll say another prayer for you guys and for Shadow. Rest well Shadow, and do some healing in the process. I'll check for an update in the morning. *hugs your way*

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Shadow, hope you rest well tonight and are much improved tomorrow. Been thinking about you all day.

Jackie, you rest too sweetie.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I sure hope she does better tomorrow. Does the vet think she is bleeding? From reading the posts I am really not clear on why she is doing poorly. Tank did poorly for approximately 4 days with his spleenectomy. His red count was low for about a week and he also had an irregular heartbeat the first two days for which they had a heart monitor on him. He was hospitalized for a total of 4 days before we could take him home. I know you might not be able to afford it but if you can you might want to think about taking her over to Michigan State. The recovery from the spleenectomy should not be such a problem. There may be other tumors somewhere if it is hemangioscaroma vs a hemangioma and only the pathology report will be able to tell you if this is what may be happening.

Will say prayers for her tonight and hope for good things tomorrow and some improvement.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi Jackie. I hope you and Shadow and family are all resting well tonight. How old is Shadow? ....hope she is doing much better in the morning.

Julie

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sandie, the mass was a hematoma and the liver biopsy was clean. The vet checked her for bleeding - xray, ultrasound, and four needle aspirations all came out clean. He did not want to open her up again because that would have put her over the edge. He could not account for the sudden decline except that it was shock from having such a large mass of tissue removed and her body was reacting to that.

Julie, Shadow will be five this Memorial Day. When she came to us on December 26, 2002, she just barely had all her adult teeth in so they figured she was between six and seven months old. We decided Memorial Day would be her birthday.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts