Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved this email from the website I created about bloat:

Hello. Thank you so much for your website and for Jake's story. It is a "ray of hope" amidst the sea of clinical information and statistics. My 13yo dog Tiger went into 'bloat' this am. Thankfully I am a school teacher and was home with him at the time and, thankfully, he is a very communicative dog and woke me up to tell me he was in pain. It was immediately obvious this was not a 'bug' and I got him into the vet right away. Unfortunately he needed immediate emergency surgery. They had to remove his spleen as well as part of his stomach. It is amazing, and devasting, how fast bloat destroys our otherwise healthy dogs! But he has made it through Phase 1. He is a fighter. I needed to read a 'success' story right now to help keep me going. You and Jake have done a great service for pet owners like myself. His legacy lives on. Hopefully Tiger will also get to see his 14th birthday. Again, thank you.

It always good to be aware of the bloat symptome. Here is the link to the site:
http://home.flash.net/~jdebess/index.htm

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Jake was your dog, John? I didn't realize that.

Another one saved! :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Thank you for posting the bloat information for all pet owners. You will never know how many dogs you will save just because the owners had read the article and remembered the symptoms. I know I have them typed out and in my canine health notebook. It is one of the scariest things about owning a large breed dog. We still feed both girls 3 times a day, splitting their daily requirement of food between the feedings and making them rest and relax at least an hour after eating. We can do that because one of us is always home with them during the day and evening. I think Duke and Freckles are just adorable and Jake will be waiting for all of you at the Rainbow Bridge one day.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
You did a wonderful service for all dog owners. I think there were alot of people that were not aware of bloat. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I have always thought your page was easily read and understood by anyone..having survived 2 bloats within 6 weeks of each other with Riley I know how scary it can be..

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Good article-thanks for posting- Jake was a handsome old boy and yes I do believe a higher power brought Duke to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts