Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You've seen some pictures of her lounging around with the dogs. Easy enough. Make a pleasant household for the animals and they will cohabit pleasantly.

But she became bold on Friday. I went outside with all the guys for retrieves and play. Until then, Hope would maybe poke her head through the doggie door to watch and even maybe-er still come lay on the stoop. Friday she dared to wander into the middle of the patio while I threw the ball for Seamus and Flynn over and over again.

Imagine being her tiny size, facing those two incoming thundering animals. Fair dues to the boys, their exquisite sense of her body being on the ground, in their path, made for the most beautiful footfalls around her. Near her enough to make my heart beat a little faster, but not one footfall touched her. Not even close!

Friday's daring was enough to encourage her to come out for all the rest of the sessions over the weekend. Taking her place center stage on the patio... she lay there... waiting for those snorting, huffing sounds and pounding feet to acknowledge her miniscule presence by avoiding trampling her.

I've never seen anything so remarkable in all my pet owner life.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Hope is the queen, Seamus and Flynn her minions. They are there for her amusement and would never harm a hair of the queen's head!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Hope is the queen, Seamus and Flynn her minions. They are there for her amusement and would never harm a hair of the queen's head!
I think Jackie hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
What Jackie said. :)

I've said it a couple of times before, Nance. You didn't just happen upon her, she was sent to you by a certain someone. :)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
"maybe-er still"

Heh.

You go, Hope. Don't let those Frito-feet worry your head one bit. Methinks if Flynn got too close, he'd be on the receiving end of quite a lecture from Shea. Which I would LOVE to see transcribed. (((hint-hint)))

1 - 13 of 13 Posts