Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had such a quiet kitty. She never makes a peep. I mean, not a peep! She'll open her mouth as if she's going to say something but nothing comes out. Oh, there's teensy tinsy iddy biddy hint of a raspy sound but that's it.

Maybe she just doesn't feel the need to vocalize? Fine by me but she's so tiny I sure have to keep a sharp lookout for where she's wandering around!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah! Perfect! Thank you so much, Colin. I just knew you'd jump in with some assistance. :p

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Can we save this thread as a response to the inevitable "omg.. this cat is meowing all night long, i can't sleep!" future thread?

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Have you tried locking her away from somewhere she obviously wants to be? That always works for Cleo!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
We thought our Kitty had no voice then we gave him a stuffie and he thinks it is his baby, he talks non stop when he is carring it place to place, room to room.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
We had a cat that did the same thing, Nance. I never heard him utter anything above that raspy little noise, and that was only once in awhile.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
From what you write about her....she is a princess & probably has no need to vocalize. She does rule the house, doesn't she? :)

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Nance, I had a cat (orange tabby manx) who had no voice. At all. He'd try and try but the best that ever came out was a squeaky, raspy little "aack!". Don't know why. He was a sweetie, I named him Zucca (Italian for pumpkin).

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Open a can of tuna and see if she asks for some! ;)
If this doesn't work, not even stepping on the tail will do it. Ever tried to eat a tunafish sandwich with a cat in the house?

Midnight doesn't meow that much either, but does occasionally, especially when trying to get me to get out the treats! lol

I have some friends back in Memphis who named their Siamese Chatterbox. Believe me, Chatterbox lived up to his name! lol

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
She never makes a peep. I mean, not a peep! She'll open her mouth as if she's going to say something but nothing comes out. Oh, there's teensy tinsy iddy biddy hint of a raspy sound but that's it.
That was Yoshi to a 't'.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I had a cat that was mute once she was the friendliest cat but I never heard any sound out of her. She didn't even purr like a normal cat.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Is she giving you the "silent meow"? If so that is a sign of gratitude and affection. Yeah for you and the dogs!! Cat's meow for different reasons,and in different pitches, she hasn't any reasons as of yet, except to give you the honourable silent meow!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts