It's been a long past two weeks with my rescue Honey. She has been with the vets daughter receiving a lot of medical tx. Heartworms was just the tip of a big pile of medical problems. We spoke about possibly switching rescues, she has a black lab ready for a home and she has really bonded with Honey so we might do that. Not sure if I am ready...its been an emotional roller coaster. Honey needs a home without pets and kids to complete her long recovery. I am angry at other vet's office for not following through with her heartworm tx and not doing a more extensive exam to find the other problems she has. Like a small abdominal tumor. I am glad however I was able to get her out of there. I just didn't think I would be more of a foster mom vs. her adoptive mom. I know she will be in a great home and receive endless medical tx. I will go see both dogs this week and make a final decision. Wish me luck.